Martin Logan Dynamo subwoofer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esquire415

Reaction score
Has anyone tested this dimunitive sub from ML? It's very new and I'd like to know how it stacks up against other comparable sized subs from Sunfire, Rel, Def Tech, or Velodyne. Thanks.

Me too....... If it does a descent job with movies and music... MAYBE I can save some money and not buy a Grotto or Depth.... I'll be watching out as well !!!!!!

Just look at it:
dynamo_zoom3.jpg

http://www.martinlogan.com/dynamo_speaker.html
You can use it as a down-firing or front-firing sub.

Driver looks nice:
ces-2005-em-MartinLoganDynamo.jpg

Been looking for a small sub and the Grotto is still a bit big. I would like to demo this against the Rel Q108e, the DefTech Supercube II, and the Velodyne SPL-800 II. I think that it only goes down to 25Hz @ -3dB. Do you know if it is magnetically shielded?

"Do you know if it is magnetically shielded?"

I have Martin Logan’s current catalog, all four Martin Logan’s Subwoofers are listed as NOT being magnetically shielded.

Last edited:
Not a TV stand!

Zip3kx07 said:
"Do you know if it is magnetically shielded?"

I have Martin Logan’s current catalog, all four Martin Logan’s Subwoofers are listed as NOT being magnetically shielded.

Are you using it to hold up your monitor, if not, then the issue of shielding is moot. The magnetic field of any magnet drops off at the inverse square of the distance, double the distance the field is 1/4 its original strength etc.

What if it's right next to the tv, just behind one of the stand-mounted speakers?

Try It

Try it, if you can't see any distortion or color flares then it is far enough away. A foot or two should be adequate.

Esquire,
Just read a review on Audio Review on the Dynamo.. "there is only one" and it was very positive. I can't figure out why the reviewer gave it 5 out 5 stars for value, and only 2 out of 5 otherwise... he says nothing but good things about the unit and DOES NOT say anything bad, go figure. Maybe you should read it.

Esquire....did you give up on the Dynamo???? For that matter has anyone heard it yet?

How much are the Decent, Depth and Grotto listing for these days? I haven't seen many of them in Europe.

Last edited:
I haven't given up on the Dynamo. I was sick (had the flu) so I wasn't able to check it out at Magnolia Audio-Video. I can't do it this weekend either because of other commitments. Maybe the week after. I'm not really in a hurry to get a new sub, plus i'm still debating with myself which one i'll get.

Back