Chicago Spring 2007 Meet

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Sucks, was lookin forward to hearing your "well equipped" ML system.

We'll see... maybe we can make a pit stop at my place...

Perhaps I'm having some performance anxiety... :eek: .

We'll see... maybe we can make a pit stop at my place...

Perhaps I'm having some performance anxiety... :eek: .

I want the opportunity to hear some Luka Bloom on your setup.
His Turf album is one I've become very familiar with over the last
few months, and it sounds awesome on my setup. I'd like to hear a
couple of tracks on the Summits, for comparison sakes. I'm afraid
that if I auditioned the Summits in an audio store again I'd walk out
$10,000 poorer.

My place is too small, Wayne.... :(.

So is mine, but it is not going to stop me.

A pit stop at Joey's is a must. I need to hear Summits with good amplification so I can justify another upgrade. Oh no I have Joeyitis:eek: :eek:

So is mine, but it is not going to stop me.
After all there's only one "Sweet Spot" anyways

A pit stop at Joey's is a must. I need to hear Summits with good amplification so I can justify another upgrade.
I second that.

Oh no I have Joeyitis:eek: :eek:
Would be interesting to track the upgrades after the get-together.
I see the Maryland group got the bug after their get-together,
I think so far it's a new Sub and some accoustic treatments for the group.

OK. If this thing is going to be the weekend of the 28th, I might very well be able to make it. I have a college friend in the Chicago area whom I haven't seen in about 18 years, and I've been looking for an excuse to go out and visit him, AND my sweety owes me a "weekend getaway", and although she's not as on fire about the idea of a "stereo day" as I am, she does liek Chicago, and it TOTALLY into Indian food... :)

So, maybe we will be out for this thing. We'd be flying out and probably renting a car, unless I can convince my friend out there to shuttle us around.

DC-ML in da hizzle... ;)

--Richard

Treats and Eats

my sweety owes me a "weekend getaway", and although she's not as on fire about the idea of a "stereo day" as I am, she does liek Chicago, and it TOTALLY into Indian food...

So, maybe we will be out for this thing. We'd be flying out and probably renting a car, unless I can convince my friend out there to shuttle us around.

DC-ML in da hizzle...

--Richard

You just let me know, I am totally down to hit up the INDIA HOUSE FOR A KILLER BUFFET! I can give you directions on how to get there if necessary. I don't know what the plans are for the 28th yet? Times, locations (in the city) and then apparently we travel out of downtown to wheaton....

I share the love for indian food.....its no secret...

NAAN :eek: CHICKEN MISALA :banana: TANDOORI CHICKEN :meditate: RICE PUDDING :drool: OOOOOOOOOOHHHH AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

And if for some reason Indian is not going to work out, the best burger joint is not far.... SLC (commonly known as SOUTH LOOP CLUB) Polk and State if I remember correctly? Just simply Delicious! Then from killer eats to killer treats!!!! SUMMITS?

If they're coming from out of town we should take them to
Dick's Last Resort. I know they're in other parts of the country now,
But it started here in Chicago
The Service Is Excellent.:D :D :rolleyes:
:cheers:

So, I talked to my friend in Chicago, and he says he'd be glad to shuttle us around (and maybe even give us a place to stay! in exchange for being included in the "Martin Logan Chicago Round Robin". I can totally vouch for him as far as being trustworthy (he's an info security guy for a MAJOR international investment firm), and although he doesn't own ML's, he IS into hifi gear, and has always lusted after my Sequels... :)

So, now what we need, I suppose is a solid itinerary. Who's doing what when, so we can get our routes mapped out and schedule the day...

If we come, we'll be flying in, and probably arriving around midnight, Chicago time. Still haven't decided if we're renting a car or having Jim drive us around, but either way, I'd like to have a solid itinerary a few days ahead so we can Mapquest it all, or program the GPS or whatever...

Looking forward to good tunes, good systems, good food, and good folks!

--Richard

So, now what we need, I suppose is a solid itinerary. Who's doing what when, so we can get our routes mapped out and schedule the day...

Rich,
Sounds like we'll be starting in the loop, and then heading to Wheaton.
We need to pick times and location order. We have Cherian, Joey and
Hopeless in the loop, followed by a trip to Burke's in Wheaton.

Guys,
Suggestions on starting times and order?????

I think we will need to start pretty early 9 to 10 AM. Then we can grab lunch in the loop between systems and head out west for dinner.

I know were still 2 weeks away, Let's hear from everyone so we can firm up our plans. I'd like to start talking about some music selections we're going to bring. Burke if you'd like me to burn you a copy of Jethro Tull's Aqualung on DCC Gold let me know, it's best version I've heard. I've also got the Stand Up album on MoFi Gold, though that version doesn't come with the bonus track.

I know were still 2 weeks away, Let's hear from everyone so we can firm up our plans. I'd like to start talking about some music selections we're going to bring

Agreed. I will probably bring some Patrica Barber (she sounds so good on ML) and one or two from MA recordings.

I have an Oppo universal player Redbook, SACD, DVD-A, DVD-V. So I can play about anything except vinyl.

Burke if you'd like me to burn you a copy of Jethro Tull's Aqualung on DCC Gold let me know, it's best version I've heard.
Thank you that would be great.

I have an Oppo universal player Redbook, SACD, DVD-A, DVD-V. So I can play about anything except vinyl.
Excellent, I'll bring a couple of my better 5.1 SACD

Thank you that would be great.
Consider it done
Y'all know I'm in.... :cheers: .
Great! Thats 3 definatly committed.
Any Volunteers for first place to stop?
I personally prefer the later 10am suggested start over 9am.
Very rarely do I not work a Saturday Morning, So I'll be taking
advantage of that situation and heading out Friday night.:D

Any Volunteers for first place to stop?
I personally prefer the later 10am suggested start over 9am.

Joey how about your place 10am? Then Cherian's, lunch, and head west to Burke's.

Wayne, we might not hear from Cherian for another week as I believe he is in China, but I am fairly sure we can count him in too.

Maybe next time.

Well, I was hoping one of these times when a get together occurs some what close to me that I'd be able to get to meet some of the club members here and get to listen to some excellent equipment. That'll have to wait for me. My son just got scheduled in for surgery (nothing serious) just before that weekend, so no can do for me.

Burke thanks keeping me in mind.

Well, I was hoping one of these times when a get together occurs some what close to me that I'd be able to get to meet some of the club members here and get to listen to some excellent equipment. That'll have to wait for me.
Kruppy,
Maybe you can make the fall get-together in Chicago.
It'll be my turn to host.

I mean 4, Forgot about our fellow member from the east, Rich.

Last edited:
Joey how about your place 10am? Then Cherian's, lunch, and head west to Burke's.

Wayne, we might not hear from Cherian for another week as I believe he is in China, but I am fairly sure we can count him in too.

Maybe we can do my place first... atleast get the grubby small dorm place out of the way.... let's move from marginal accommodations to better as the day goes on.

Joey

Back