Chicago Spring 2007 Meet

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 days too late to celebrate

Couldn't have had it on the 20th? Eh?

The 28th sounds great to me! Hopefully weather will be fantastic as well- which will of course help with the barbecuing.

I'm assuming everyone is going to bring some cd's and media that they are familiar with to audition on everyone elses setups? To hear the differences?

Now that a date is fairly well put together, I suppose the question is,

where are we going to be meeting? Burbs? City? Both? - I suppose the appropriate thing to try would be to approach this the same way as the date was..... XXXXXXXX ...... and just let it be set...?

Now that a date is fairly well put together,
The 28th it is!! Just need to hear from checkbit.

I suppose the question is, where are we going to be meeting? Burbs? City? Both? - I suppose the appropriate thing to try would be to approach this the same way as the date was..... XXXXXXXX ...... and just let it be set...?

I would be willing to host, But I'm the furthest out from Chicago.
Just let me know.

But I'd also like the chance to listen to the
Summits once again.

I like the idea of hitting a couple of places time
permitting. One in the am and one in the pm.

Wayne,

If you would like to take the AM I will take the PM. We are both fairly west albeit you are much further south than me. How long do you think it will take to drive from your place to Wheaton?

Checkbit... where are you....? :p

BTW, guys.... did we decide where to meet up? Not sure if I skimmed the thread too quickly and I missed it.

Lunch or Dinner along with the listening session?

We should form a local ML club...

Wayne,

If you would like to take the AM I will take the PM. We are both fairly west albeit you are much further south than me. How long do you think it will take to drive from your place to Wheaton?

Up until 2 months ago I worked in Naperville, which is not to far from Wheaton.
It usually took me 45 minutes to an hour to get there.

Joliet - Wheaton

I have a friend who lives and works out here during the week and goes home on weekends to joliet... he says that it takes roughly an hour or so...without heavy traffic. Now for those of us who are speed demons, easily an hour.

And Joey, I meant no offense earlier about the pix... just thought I'd tackle something familiar to me, and let you veterans do what you do best, show off the logans! :cool: But I digress, maybe short video clips hosted on other sites could be a neat thing to show to the other non windy city members of what us chitowners have to offer? :eek:

A pic a buddy of mine played around with, das me behind a 5D

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 116
  • koolaid5b.jpg
    koolaid5b.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 119
And Joey, I meant no offense earlier about the pix... just thought I'd tackle something familiar to me, and let you veterans do what you do best, show off the logans! :cool: But I digress, maybe short video clips hosted on other sites could be a neat thing to show to the other non windy city members of what us chitowners have to offer? :eek:

No problem! All in good fun! :D:p

I think we need a push-pin map to better understand the location and distances we are talking about.

If those who want to attend the Chicago get together and, is willing to e-mail me their address or as close as you want to get the pushpin (ie city), I can start the map. Then I will e-mail it to everyone. I will not post names on the map just pins so we can all get a better understanding of location. [email protected] Is this a good idea?

This is what I have so far. As more people report in I will update the map and post here.

Attachments

• Chicago ML Map rev B.jpg
    Chicago ML Map rev B.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Sorry guys I dont think I will be able to make it on the 28th. I will be getting back into town that afternoon from a trip and Im sure I will be very tired. However, keep me in the loop as far as plans go and if I feel up to it I would like to stop by and meet everyone.

cb

This is what I have so far. As more people report in I will update the map and post here.

Looks like I'm way out there compared to everyone else. What if we started downtown since 3 of you live there, then head to Burke's place since he's volunteered to BBQ.

Would give me a chance to listen to two Summit systems in one day.
Definately worth taking the day off for.

I could always host a get together in the fall.
Who knows maybe by then I'd have a pair of my own Summits.:D
Or maybe a pair of CLXs.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Start out in the loop and make our way west.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Start out in the loop and make our way west.

Good plan, I'm in.

My house is walking distance (about 1/2 mile) from the Wheaton Metra train station, in case anyone does not want to drive from downtown.

Sorry guys I dont think I will be able to make it on the 28th. I will be getting back into town that afternoon from a trip and Im sure I will be very tired. However, keep me in the loop as far as plans go and if I feel up to it I would like to stop by and meet everyone.

cb

Awww man....

Huh?

Not my place... I'm too poorly equipped!!

Joey :(

Uhmmmm.............

I don't quite know how to put this but....... you know what you have to do Joey.....

You know...... what must be done.....

India House for early lunch buffet? then to the Summit Experience!

You know that place too well i'm guessing

Or you mean, India House and then nap?? Hehehehe....

Oh you must know that place well then huh? I used to be a weekly sometimes biweekly visitor there, when I was in the city... now I'm going into withdrawls from it... I NEED NAAN !!!! :banghead: TANDORI CHICKEN!!!! :eek: CHICKEN MISALA!!!!! :stop: MANGO ICECREAM!!!!!

...........and then a nap.

So what you're saying is I - HOUSE then rest up at Joeys listening to Summits?

Sounds good man!

Back