Chicago Spring 2007 Meet

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooooooohh Ahahahahaaaaaaahhhh

:eek:

You just made my day guys..... I simply cannot put into words how PUMPED I AM! for this :rocker: I think I can honestly say that I have never experienced a phenomenal multi channel setup other than in custom theaters on a larger scale, never at a home. Just the thought of a 360* logan experience is soooooo DELICIOUS!!! :p It really is quite palpable!

My movie collection is in the multiple multiple hundreds, I have many huge blockbusters, blu-rays, etc. If theres anything someone has in mind, let me know sometime today, and I'll grab it. I definitely second the gladiator, that mix is incredible. Anyone have the master and commander? I think I do, but have to track it down. That sound mix won some academy awards as well. Black Hawk Down, is obviously a reference mix for sound, as it also won awards and is used, if not overused in the training of sound engineers.

Just taking a look at some of the dvds on the top shelf, I have Lord of War, good mix, but not exactly an action in your face mix to show off....Assault on precinct 13- good battles....well, on second thought, way too many to list.

Just let me know if theres something you want to see that you don't have, I just may.

Can't wait for tomorrow guys!

:You just made my day guys..... I simply cannot put into words how PUMPED I AM! for this :rocker: I think I can honestly say that I have never experienced a phenomenal multi channel setup other than in custom theaters on a larger scale, never at a home. Just the thought of a 360* logan experience is soooooo DELICIOUS!!! :p It really is quite palpable!

My movie collection is in the multiple multiple hundreds, I have many huge blockbusters, blu-rays, etc. If theres anything someone has in mind, let me know sometime today, and I'll grab it. I definitely second the gladiator, that mix is incredible. Anyone have the master and commander? I think I do, but have to track it down. That sound mix won some academy awards as well. Black Hawk Down, is obviously a reference mix for sound, as it also won awards and is used, if not overused in the training of sound engineers.

Can't wait for tomorrow guys!

I have Master and Commander (also DTS EX). Is excellent but not as in your face as others a more correct usage of surround. "Open Range", chap 14, is an example of in your face surround. The Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" is another great surround demo with music too.

I do not own Black Hawk Down.

:rocker: Only 18 hours to go. :rocker:

:eek:
You just made my day guys..... I simply cannot put into words how PUMPED I AM! for this :rocker: I think I can honestly say that I have never experienced a phenomenal multi channel setup other than in custom theaters on a larger scale, never at a home. Just the thought of a 360* logan experience is soooooo DELICIOUS!!! :p It really is quite palpable!

A multichannel guy eh?

Good thing we're starting with my stereo first.... it would be hard to follow up multichannel with a 2.0 setup.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

Joey :D :music:

So, what time should we expect people to meet tomorrow? Did we say 10 or 9?

I think I need to send my addy to Cherian... just thinking out loud. :p

MMMMMmmmmmmmmm.......Yummy!

We said 5am, Whats for breakfast? ,

We're starting at your place 10am.:D

Mamosas, Scrambled Eggs, Made to order omelettes, Herb roasted potatoes, you get the idea.....

and don't forget the COFFEECAKE!!!! :D

Back