"The ice cream truck! The ice cream truck!"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveInNC

Reaction score
Maybe this should have been under the Off Topic Audio forum.

So I'm sitting here reading the ML forums. It's our second day of 80F weather, my windows are open for about the third time this year, and a freakin ice cream truck just rolled up my suburban street, complete with lure music. That's a serious flashback to the sixties. I thought that they had gone the way of home milk delivery.

Maybe this should have been under the Off Topic Audio forum.

So I'm sitting here reading the ML forums. It's our second day of 80F weather, my windows are open for about the third time this year, and a freakin ice cream truck just rolled up my suburban street, complete with lure music. That's a serious flashback to the sixties. I thought that they had gone the way of home milk delivery.

Ahhh...did you see the driver? I know looking at the "person" that drives around the truck in our neighborhood will cure you of any desire to eat anything from a roving ice cream vendor.....scary

in the bay area they still have ice cream trucks too...the flashbacks for me, however, are to the 90's...and on the east coast, there are still milk deliveries (i know in RI anyway)

~greg

Remember Eddie Murphy's "Delirious" standup? He mentions that when he was little and they heard that ice cream man music (LOL on calling it "lure music") they would drop what they were doin' and "lose their fvckin' minds".

ROFL! classic.

Ice Cream Truck Has Turned Into The Ice Cream Hand Cart...

In Calistoga we used to have an Ice Cream truck, but then it turned into Mexican-American guys pushing a wheeled vendor carts, several times a day on hot days (above 80 degrees). They sell good Ice Cream and Mexican-American food - sweet treats as well... :D I am not sure what they are called but they are good. :D

Tuh duh tuh duh tuh duh tuh duuuh..... tuh duh tuh duh tuh duh duh duh duuuhhhh....

The tune is still stuck in my head.... :cheers:

That's Singing???

Tuh duh tuh duh tuh duh tuh duuuh..... tuh duh tuh duh tuh duh duh duh duuuhhhh....
Joey,

I think, I need to teach you a thing or two about holding a musical note... It's all in the presentation. You need to sing with your diaphragm. ;) Come-on try a little harder now... :D

Just wait Joey ~ Dave is gonna have to start teaching you how to do a great Train Whistle later and their maybe a test after and if you fail - Banned... :D

Back