This is what happens when you take this hobby waaayyy too far!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Check out this guy!

He's so into tweaking his audio equipment via randomly cutting apart Nordost Valhalla speaker wires and replacing the wiring within an amp with it, or cutting apart Valhalla interconnects and wiring other parts of the CDP with it, or cutting up parts of the Valhalla power cord and doing who knows what with it.... and adding ERS paper (blocks EMI/RF waves or something) to the internals of his amp, cdp, and power plant gear....

0.JPG

1.JPG

13.JPG

And I present to you.... the videos!
Part 1 of video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2XT_Jx6bCE&mode=related&search=
Part 2 of video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KAz5vLV2_E&mode=related&search=

Best line of the funniest video (part 2) has got to be....

"Damn I'm stuck... I think I'm cramping something...."

Enjoy, sit back.... and dont snort that coffee through your nose!

Joey

Attachments

• full_Valhalla_GCC_mod_snake (Medium).jpg
    full_Valhalla_GCC_mod_snake (Medium).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited by a moderator:
You know, Joey, I read somewhere that you can get much better sound by doing this with the Plinius amps. Just that last little tweak to get to sonic nirvana. :devil:

You know, Joey, I read somewhere that you can get much better sound by doing this with the Plinius amps. Just that last little tweak to get to sonic nirvana. :devil:

ROFL! Yeah.. I mean Joey's gonna sell that Plinius and get a pair of Pass Labs monoblocks pretty soon anyway. Wrapping the internals in paper can only increase the resale value of your amp. I say, "DO IT!"

:haha1:

Paranoid Schizophenic... Yes, Well...

I diagnosed him with Schizophrenia on the AVS forum.
Joey,

Maybe he's just tryin' to work out some stuff... :)

The wanta-be frustrated electrical designer or electrical engineer trying to unvailed himself to us through his good works... :D

That. hurts. me. so. much.

As someone who wired together his midbass arrays with $15/50ft 12ga copper wire, this just makes me shake my head.

There are MANY more cost effective ways to improve your sound much more than what he's doing. Like (considering the cost of that wire) buying yourself a large plot of land, and then building a house with a custom designed dedicated listening room.

ahHAAa...nowww...see...now I finally have something to go to my other more significant half and show her...

I see anxiety in this persons life...do you think his plumbing is wrapped with insulation in his home?

I bet his lunch meat is seperated with wax paper between each slice...

Insulation and Lunch Meat...

ahHAAa...nowww...see...now I finally have something to go to my other more significant half and show her...

I see anxiety in this persons life...do you think his plumbing is wrapped with insulation in his home?

I bet his lunch meat is seperated with wax paper between each slice...
Samboo2,

In my professional opinion, a good portion of this guys insulation has long since come un-done... ;)

I think this guy isn't makin his lunch with a full package of lunch meat... :D

ROFL! Yeah.. I mean Joey's gonna sell that Plinius and get a pair of Pass Labs monoblocks pretty soon anyway. Wrapping the internals in paper can only increase the resale value of your amp. I say, "DO IT!"

:haha1:

Also wrapping them up with 100$ bills can increase the value of the amp and anything else.

Samboo2,

In my professional opinion, a good portion of this guys insulation has long since come un-done... ;)

I think this guy isn't makin his lunch with a full package of lunch meat... :D

LMAO! You got that right!

You know sometimes you gotta know when to sit down, shut-up, and discover the beauty in the music...(stop and smell the flowers comes to mind)

I can safely say this is what most of us do.

We all secretly love this guy, because he gives us a false sense of sanity :)

Thanks Joey!!! I looked at this and thought that was cool. I thought nothing was wrong. Know I know how crazy I am....:eek: :confused: :(

Dear Doctor

Joey,

Is this for real? Listened to the audio and it makes me think of some really bad "B HORROR MOVIES".

Yikes!! Audiophile on massive drugs? Looked like a Cary 300 /330 CD player in the video.

One can only imagine what this person is like.

And yes, you really should consider Pass Labs, despite the apparent use of Siltech cables in the Plinius amps.

:eek: Just kidding.

GG ;)

This is what happens when you take

Forgive me, but rather than laugh at or ridicule this guy who is in some obvious need; I would wish one of his friends or someone who knows who he is might be encouraged to extend a helping hand.

Except how may meth-heads do you know who could afford to purchase and then butcher a roll of Nordost Valhalla and what looks like a BAT preamp?...

No, I'd say he must be one of the executives of Microsoft or Halliburton. Only then could he be A) filthy rich enough to indulge this sort of behaviour, and B) psychotically antisocial to WANT to do this.

Actually, it looks more like a REALLY advanced case of OCD coupled with schizophrenia to me. Sort of like Howard Hughes or John F. Nash...

--Richard

The guy is really odd.... weird.... and just plain weird. He works and works, not to accomplish anything BUT to buy more ERS paper and more Valhallas.. that's it.

And the best part!??!?!

His entire collection is MP3 at 192kbps! Talk about a waste! I confronted him about this and his reasoning was that his system is so good that MP3 sound so good and that he doesn't feel like he needs to spend money in getting a CD of the album.

Back