"Save the Streams" campaign

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
As you probably heard, on 3/2 the U.S. Copyright Royalty Board significantly increased the fees that streaming internet radio stations will be assessed (retroactive to 2006). Those fees are so exorbitant, that most, if not ALL, such webcasters would be bankrupted, and cease to exist. The large commercial radio networks, and Apple/iTunes. have deep enough pockets to survive, and will certainly be more than happy to see their online competition disappear (ultimately leaving them more of a monopoly to capitalize on). You can help the "little guys" such as Pandora, Radioio, and many other smaller webcasters survive, by signing the "Save the Streams" petition here...
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saveinternetradio/

Personally, since getting my Squeezebox, and being introduced to so many relatively unknown (but superb) musicians, I have actually BOUGHT more CD's than ever before. It's absurd that the recording industry is now "cutting off their nose to spite themselves", by driving these webcasters out of business. For those who feel likewise, PLEASE sign the petition, and help keep those streams alive!

I had heard of this, and was similarly disappointed. Since getting pandora for the squeezebox, I've found sooo many new artists I had never heard of. I love it. Like you, its made me buy more CDs than I have in years and years.

Sign the petition, but also directly mail your congressfolk!

Latest posts

Back