New speakers for me?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audiophiliac

Reaction score
I found what appears to be a good deal on some used Vandersteen 2Ce with the SA stands pretty close to me. I hope I can see them in person next week. So stay tuned....they arent MLs, but for the price, they will be perfect to hold me over. :)

Vandersteens were the first real "high end" speaker I remember listening to when I was young. I have always had a place for them in the back of my mind. Plus I have access to replacement parts for them if they need it. :)

Any other Vandy owners or ex-owners here have any thoughts on what to look out for or just your experience in general?

I had 2Ces with the taller Sound Anchor stands for roughly 12 years. They were my first high end speaker, which I replaced with my current SL3s. Nice smooth sounding speakers. They have a different sound than MLs, not better not worse, different. For me my SL3s have more snap and liveliness while the Vandersteens had more romance to them. I'm terrrible at reviews so pardon my poor choice of words.

Placement is very important and I do remember having some document for calculating ideal/recommended locations.

New with stands I paid somewhere near $1200-$1300. I sold them on ebay for just under $600 about 3 years ago.

I think you'll enjoy them for the short term, even though I liked my 2Ces I continued to lust after Logans until I finally got them.

I like the term "romance" as a description - it conjures up an entire image that gets across the point you're going for, I think :) You're better at reviews than you think!

I mentioned the Vandersteens in another thread about "boxed" speakers http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=693

If I came across some 2Cs before I lucked into my Sequels I'd have snagged them quicker than Michael Jordan at a pick-up game. You'll never have a problem finding something to use them for. :) Keep your ears happy and get your MLs when you can.

Back