Pass Labs Rushmore....hmmm

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audiophiliac

Reaction score
http://passlabs.com/speakers/rushmore.htm

Ok...by recent events, curiosity lead me to Pass Labs' website. I had no idea they created a speaker. Low and behold, here it is. Has anyone heard this thing? $45k/pr. But it includes 8 channels of Pass class A amplification. Add a Wadia player with balanced outs and volume control and you have a system as simple as could be. :)

I could find no actual reviews of this speaker anywhere...anyone with any info?

rush-double.jpg

PS....here is a pair on the 'gon for $26k....anyone want to give it a try? :) :) :)

Last edited:
Saw these while researching my amp... I'd be interested to hear what they sound like... For that kind of money, they better kick some serious a$$, KWIM?

Tom

PS. KWIM = "know what i mean"

I think for $45k, it might be an ok deal as long as they perform. I mean considering all amps are included, a contrast would be spending $25 on W/P 8s and $20k worth of amp to run them. But I would have to hear them to decide.

In talking to the guys from Pass Labs (bias of course) they do not believe there are better speakers made. I personally thought they were as good as any speaker I have heard. Just awesome. Then they tried to sell me a pair for a mere $28,000. That's a pretty big bill!!!

I think at that point it's as much about preference as quality. I bet $5k ML Vantages do a lot of things better than the rushmores (but a lot of things worse as well) I don't know that I could spend that kind of money (if I had it) on anything that wasn't a massive line array.

I bet the Rushmores sound real nice...

In everything, there'll always be downsides and upsides, even our beloved hybrid stats arent immune to this reality. In the end, it's all about what your ears prefer.

Back