Sub boxes...first time veneer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it wrong that I have the sudden urge to make love to me wife after seeing that picture? Is there a support group for that?

By the way-is that a 15 incher? It looks like a giant next to that cd.

Dominick

lol! I seriously hope there's no support group for that. Sounds pretty healthy to me :p

Nope, it's a 12" sub. It does look pretty giant next to the cd, which is why I put it there. It's hard to tell dimensions just from a plain picture.

I think my favorite thing about it, is now the low-end limitations I was experiencing with my open baffle line-arrays now seem non-existant. Just open wonderful sound! I love it!!!

For home theather, this may be a tad lacking, because that "BOOM" is actually desireable (I'll have to experiment with the dampening settings). For music....I'm absolutely slack-jawed. Unreal improvement in my system. It sounds so much more full and real then it did before...and I really thought it sounded nice before too! I think I may make (ask nicely?) jason come listen to my system first before taking the sub over to his place for an audition there.

Honestly, compared to the descent audition I had at an audio advice (not ideal for sure, but then again either is my apartment) this thing is significantly tighter and more musical. But that's from memory...and noone should listen to my reviews of the thing I built myself. Wait for jason's impressions.

I'm there!!!:D Just tell me when....the car is full & warmed up. That sub looks awesome. Can you get the meniscus parts and put a grill on it? It looks really good either way though. Hmm. I think I want it. (like Jessica Simpson would say)

Last edited:
How does it mesh with the panel and mid array?

if you're sitting on my couch, it doesn't sound like you have a sub, it sounds like the logans are playing full range (except sounding better, with better midbass and bass) Not only do they mesh perfectly with the arrays, they seem to make the arrays sound like they mesh better with the panels. I really need your opinion on it, but I think everything fits together amazingly well.

I'll have to look at what to do to make a grill, but honestly, the thing looks so awesome, that'd be like be like putting a box over your summits :D

I just can't stop looking at these. *drool* I also can't wait to listen. This Saturday. Yeah!

You got it. Hmm. May IWalker will be making them for members...:D

With you as the Blacksmith and IWalker as the cab expert.... maybe you guys can come up with a company to lure us Loganites away! :eek: :D

With you as the Blacksmith and IWalker as the cab expert.... maybe you guys can come up with a company to lure us Loganites away! :eek: :D

Be careful for what you wish for.....we do have an idea and yes it is in the works. Stay tuned!

Hello All,

I must say that I'm writing this in this section because it IS ML related IMO. First, let's start with the build quality and appearance. I thought walking up to it that it was something else that he bought. The only way to describe it is beautiful. It really is. It is this "little" rectangular cherry beauty. It has a silver cone on the woofer so that looks great IMO as well. I will cut to the chase now. Sound.... excellent. How do I mean? Well, Being fortunate enough to have been at Lincoln Center & Carnegie Hall in NYC I feel that I know what we are trying to reproduce. We tried a bunch of music. The bass is just there not boomy not in your chest just there. As it should be. It's similar to when you’re at a concert or concert hall and the big drum is struck and you hear it not necessarily feel it in your seat. Although sometimes you do on certain instances. This is how this sub is. I also think that the speed and accuracy is spot on, as electrostatics often demands. Now, the amazing part of this is that IWalker has a system that can contend with some of ours and it's at a fraction of the cost. He has it dialed in just so well. But this is about the sub and nothing else.... I sat there in awe that it (sub) could sound sooooo well being that he designed, built & tuned it completely himself. I got to see the construction because he built three of them and didn't put any electronics in the other two. The construction is top notch as I expected. The complete sub weighs a strong 90lbs. It is heavy!!! When the music is playing you can touch it and it has very little vibrations but yet the woofer is moving some air a lot of air actually. So when I left his house I asked if he would build me one.... he smiled and said really? I said, you bet! So, he is building me one to use with another system that I'm building. And yes it is going to be an electrostatic system. I can't wait.:D :D I give him a lot of credit on the execution and final product. The three that he did were done all at the same time and the quality is there with the best of them.

GREAT JOB IAN!!!:D

Latest posts

Back