Richard Julian ~ Slow New York

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Artist / Title: Richard Julian
Year of Release: 2006
Record Label: Manhattan Records
Genre: Jazz / Pop / Folk

This is a wonderful collection of Richard Julian's latest tunes. As most of you know, I had the great pleasure of hearing Richard Julian in concert. He opened for Madeleine Peyroux at the February 16, 2007 concert, in Santa Rosa, California. Richard Julian gave such a marvelous performance. We were very impressed with his voice and talent. :D His very creative songs reminds me of an early Paul Simon. Mr. Julian is an excellent acoustic guitarist as well.

All of the songs on this CD are excellent and have back-up musicians as well. This was different from the concert, as he performed all the songs with just him playing acoustic guitar solo. The back-up instruments do sound wonderful though. Nora Jones helped produce this excellent CD. :D

My favorite tunes were; Love of Mine, Slow New York, Cheap Guitar, The funny - End of the Line and If a Heart Breaks. All of the tunes are simply wonderful.

You know, I purchased this CD at the intermission just after Mr. Julian had performed as he had come out to sign CD's and meet folks just after he had performed. I did actually get to meet Richard Julian. We spoke briefly, I came away with the impression Richard Julian was a gentleman, very kind and gracious. :D He seemed very intelligent but not a snob, just a regular good guy. Personally, I really liked him. I told him that I was looking forward to hearing, "The Man In The Hole", which was his brand new song, he had just performed live for us and which was just an amazing song. He said it maybe on his next CD.

I highly recommend this terrific CD. :D

Attachments

• Richard Julian - Slow New York.jpg
    Richard Julian - Slow New York.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Back