Francis Cabrel - Samedi Soir Sur La Terre

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain_tinker

Reaction score
Artist: Francis Cabrel

Title: Samedi Soir Sur La Terre

Columbia, ©1994 Chandelle productions

Genre: French Pop, Jazz

I bought this album while I was living in France in 1996 and 97. It was very popular at the time, and it would play on the radio a lot. I have since listened to it any time I wanted to go back to France. I have never been back since, but this recording helps me to "get back" so to speak. I have a lot of fond memories of my time there.

In any case, last night I figured I would pull it out again for a listen. I had the lights turned low, and sat back to enjoy. I had not listened to this since I got my Martin Logans, and it was quite a surprise! The detail of the guitar, and the hits on the drums were palpably evident. The beats were steady, and quick, the lyrics witty, thoughtful, and even romantic at times. One of my favorites has always been "Je t'aimais, je t'aime, je t'aimerai" (I loved you, I love you, I will love you). I also really enjoyed the title track, Samedi soir sur la terre. The lyrics are found on Francis's website:

http://www.franciscabrel.com/discographie/samedi_soir.php

There are also two songs that have clips on the website. In any case, I was most pleasantly surprised to hear just how good it sounded on the Mosaics and the Grotto. I am sure that it would sound just as wonderful, or even better on some larger ESL's. Have a listen and let me know what you think!

-capT

Attachments

• francis_cabrel_samedi.jpg
    francis_cabrel_samedi.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 134
Wow

This is really special - I feel wonderful reading this. I *deeply* love Cabrel, but I also love lots of other things I would never post here, because I don't feel like pushing music that is likely to be unavailable - or hard to understand - to fellows over the pond. But if somebody else is talking about it, I really have to place my 2 c bet !

Samedi soir sur la terre... wow.

This is really special - I feel wonderful reading this. I *deeply* love Cabrel, but I also love lots of other things I would never post here, because I don't feel like pushing music that is likely to be unavailable - or hard to understand - to fellows over the pond. But if somebody else is talking about it, I really have to place my 2 c bet !

Samedi soir sur la terre... wow.

Lugano,
Oh yes, that is right, you are in Switzerland! Another one of my favorite places. I lived there for a little while too while I was in Europe. I am assuming by your handle that you must live in the Italian speaking part? I unfortunately did not get to visit that part, but I went to the French and German speaking sections.

I am glad that you like Cabrel. Unfortunately for me, this album is the only one of his works that I am familiar with, but I sure do like it. I also have an album by Laura Pausini, which I am sure you have heard of. I think it was called Non C'e or something like that. In liceo (high school) I took Italian for 4 years, and a friend of mine had some music from Toto Cutugno that I really liked as well, and several other names that are not currently coming to mind. Anyway, this was back in 1993 and 1994.

I know most people here may not have ever heard of any of these artists, but I figured since I had not done any album reviews, and I just LOVED that album, why not? Anyway, avete un buon giorno, bonne journee, have a good day!

-capT

Back