King Kong ~ HD-DVD

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Title: King Kong ~ HD-DVD
Year of Release: 2005
Film Studio: Universal
Genre: Action / Adventure / Si-Fic

Peter Jackson really deserves the credit here. He lovingly has brought this classic to the big screen once again with all the special effects as well as the original elements of the original story line. Jackson pays tribute to the 1933 classic film on many occasion during the film, which I thought was very classy. :D The new Fay Ray, Naomi Watts is great, in her role as the love of King Kong. I enjoyed Jack Black's performance as well.

Everyone will be amazed to know, this is one of the films, I actually put off purchasing on regular DVD so I could own it on HD-DVD. :D Am I glad, I did too King Kong ~ HD-DVD looks just stunning... All the details and visual special effects are finally brought to vivid life. Such details and phenomenal optical perceptions I could finally see, like the individual hairs of King Kong's coat were moving in the breeze. I was able to glean from the amazing picture which was produced from the HD-DVD copy of the film, a more involved sense of this film. My Pioneer plasma screen, all 43 inches and all 60 million colors were in full-on deployment to razzle-dazzle my optical nerves...

The HD-DVD audio in Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 was thrilling and is many sonic steps-up from the DVD copy of this film. All my ML's were-a-singing... My favorite section of the movie, the whole fight with the three Tyrannosaurus Rex's was totally awesome on HD-DVD. My pulse was pounding and I was jumpin' out of my seat with the dynamic as produced via the Dolby Digital Plus of the HD-DVD. I tell you now I am soooo glad I am able to enjoy this film on HD-DVD. My Logan's are very happy as well... :D

I highly recommend King Kong on HD-DVD...

:D HT relaxed comfortably surrounded in ML bliss, until next time let the movies turn you on...

Attachments

• King Kong - HD-DVD.jpg
    King Kong - HD-DVD.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 296
Title: King Kong ~ HD-DVD
Year of Release: 2005
Film Studio: Universal
Genre: Action / Adventure / Si-Fic

Peter Jackson really deserves the credit here. He lovingly has brought this classic to the big screen once again with all the special effects as well as the original elements of the original story line. Jackson pays tribute to the 1933 classic film on many occasion during the film, which I thought was very classy. :D The new Fay Ray, Naomi Watts is great, in her role as the love of King Kong. I enjoyed Jack Black's performance as well.

Everyone will be amazed to know, this is one of the films, I actually put off purchasing on regular DVD so I could own it on HD-DVD. :D Am I glad, I did too King Kong ~ HD-DVD looks just stunning... All the details and visual special effects are finally brought to vivid life. Such details and phenomenal optical perceptions I could finally see, like the individual hairs of King Kong's coat were moving in the breeze. I was able to glean from the amazing picture which was produced from the HD-DVD copy of the film, a more involved sense of this film. My Pioneer plasma screen, all 43 inches and all 60 million colors were in full-on deployment to razzle-dazzle my optical nerves...

The HD-DVD audio in Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 was thrilling and is many sonic steps-up from the DVD copy of this film. All my ML's were-a-singing... My favorite section of the movie, the whole fight with the three Tyrannosaurus Rex's was totally awesome on HD-DVD. My pulse was pounding and I was jumpin' out of my seat with the dynamic as produced via the Dolby Digital Plus of the HD-DVD. I tell you now I am soooo glad I am able to enjoy this film on HD-DVD. My Logan's are very happy as well... :D

I highly recommend King Kong on HD-DVD...

:D HT relaxed comfortably surrounded in ML bliss, until next time let the movies turn you on...

Robin -
I watched this on HD Showtime about 4 times! I agree with you 100%. The re-creation of 1930's NYC is very well done. I think this film is much more successful than the other re-make. How do you compare HD-DVD to broadcast HD?

HD-DVD of King Kong...

Robin -
I watched this on HD Showtime about 4 times! I agree with you 100%. The re-creation of 1930's NYC is very well done. I think this film is much more successful than the other re-make. How do you compare HD-DVD to broadcast HD?
aliveatfive,

Well, I have not see the HD television broad cast of King Kong but I can say uniquivically say that the HD-DVD version video picture is glorious to watch.:wow: The Images are razor sharp and crytal clear. Way better than my son's regular DVD version up-scaled to 1080i on my DVD progressive Momitu player. HD-DVD gives a true 1080i picture via my LG BH100 universal player. King Kong on HD-DVD really generates a phenominal video picture as well as glorious sound. King Kong ~ just comes-to-life on HD-DVD... :D

aliveatfive,

Well, I have not see the HD television broad cast of King Kong but I can say uniquivically say that the HD-DVD version video picture is glorious to watch.:wow: The Images are razor sharp and crytal clear. Way better than my son's regular DVD version up-scaled to 1080i on my DVD progressive Momitu player. HD-DVD gives a true 1080i picture via my LG BH100 universal player. King Kong on HD-DVD really generates a phenominal video picture as well as glorious sound. King Kong ~ just comes-to-life on HD-DVD... :D

My sentiments exactly concerning the cablecast. It was especially involving with the sound turned up in 5.1!

Back