Quest Z crosover schematic, and panel replacement

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi35

Reaction score
Quest Z crossover schematic, and panel replacement

Does any have a schematic or clear picture of the crossover board for the Quest Z? I've heard that it was on the board at one point, and I'm hoping that someone saved it. I do have the pic for the ReQuest. Would the 2 be similar enough to just use what I already have?

Also, I got my speakers in 1995. They were new then, and they still sound fabulous now. However, I often wonder if they might benefit from panel replacement after 12 years of good listening. They've been in a smoke free environment all these years, but I do notice small dust circles on the stators. Thanks.

Oops, sorry about the spelling in the thread title. I guess I was in a hurry...

Last edited:
Does any have a schematic or clear picture of the crossover board for the Quest Z? I've heard that it was on the board at one point, and I'm hoping that someone saved it. I do have the pic for the ReQuest. Would the 2 be similar enough to just use what I already have?

Also, I got my speakers in 1995. They were new then, and they still sound fabulous now. However, I often wonder if they might benefit from panel replacement after 12 years of good listening. They've been in a smoke free environment all these years, but I do notice small dust circles on the stators. Thanks.

Oops, sorry about the spelling in the thread title. I guess I was in a hurry...

Hi Jedi,

I'd sure recommend replacing after 12 years, especially if they stators have small shaded circles on them. My rear Sequels are about same vintage, and their panels, while still sounding OK, are due for replacement.
It's been less urgent for me as those are my rears, but when I updated the SL3 and Monolith panels, man, it sure made a difference.

As for the crossover, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there is not too much difference between what was done for the Quest and reQuest.
Specific values and some of the topology might have changed, but for your needs (bypass), it should be about the same difference.

I'm sending you a PM.

Cheers,

...They've been in a smoke free environment all these years, but I do notice small dust circles on the stators. Thanks...
How about washing the panels with soft water, if a good hoovering doesn't help?
There is a relevant guide somewhere here, and it's certainly worth a try before shelling out for replacements.

I have Quests and just bought new panels. Easy to install and much more efficient. I never (didn't know I could) vacuumed my previous panels, so I can't comment on the benefits of that idea. Mine were 12 years old too.
Paul

Quest Z cross-over board

Sorry, the closest I could get was my Ascent, but it may help

Attachments

• Ascent X over at 74k.jpg
    Ascent X over at 74k.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 424
Back