The Trigger has been pulled. New amplification!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Ok guys & gals.. It's done. Just talked to the seller and we've agreed on the price. It's boxed and ready to send as soon as he gets the funds which I will be sending him tomorrow.

Now I just have to figure out where in my living room would be pefect placement.

Thanks to all who helped me decide!

More to come...

Tom.

Last edited:
Tom, Is it fair to assume this will replace your Carver for use on your Request's ??

Did we go with Stereo or a pair of Mono-Blocks ??

Black or silver ???

Tube or SS

class "A", AB, D or ??

Made in the States or overseas ??

Last edited:
So, if Tom doesn't spill the beans who here can threaten him with being banned? :eek:

I just realized, Tom's the most powerfull person on this forum...:D

WTH? Now Tom's pulling the "mystery" dealio??

Great.... with the President at the helm, there's nothing us mere ML-ers can do.

Hmm... I say we do a coupdetat!!!

Who's with me!? *RAR*!! :mad: :eek:

Any giveaway pics or hints please?

With great power comes great responsibility.

:D

If he's wise.... as I feel he is. Tom is waiting to reveal when he has the new gear IN HAND! It's bad luck to spill the beans :)

Tom, you rat! Yanking chains not allowed. Bad webmaster

Honorable Webmaster,

After all the wonderful, sage insight that I, along with other esteemed members of this site have given you regarding their recommendations, you owe us pal! Just provide the first letter (or last) and we'll see who guesses correctly first.

If you don't, I agree with Joey. Coup d'etat or couper la tete!

Best regards,

GG

Last edited:
Hey Joey,

He has learned from the best.....you messed with the Bull and got the Horns.:D :D

Coupe de what?

ROFL! Yeah.. :haha1: This is fun. I should upgrade more often.

Yes, this will be taking the place of the Carver. Actually the Carver will be used for the center channel.

Here's a picture that will act as a CLUE.

Attachments

• hint1.jpg
    hint1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 208
Couper La Tete

For all you non french types, translation is "cut off the head". I'm glad your having fun Tom. I haven't the slightest idea what your picture / clue is.

GG

Yes, this will be taking the place of the Carver. Actually the Carver will be used for the center channel.

Isn't that Charles NELSON Reiley? Ergo- I'm guessing something from NELSON Pass - PASS LABS XA One Billion?!?

Geezuz... I could tell that Jeff got the Krell SACD Standard from his micro pic.... but yours, Tom, I havent the slightest clue!

:(

Charles Nelson (Pass) Reilly INDEED!

Nice job, Tim!!

a minty X250 will soon be on my doorstep along with a VTI amp stand.

Thanks to jtwrace and Gordon Gray for their advice and to the rest of you guys and gals for helping me.

My immediate task while I'm waiting for the amp to arrive is to get some lugs for my speaker cables. I've used banannas for years. Anyone got some suggestions?

Attachments

• x250lit.jpg
    x250lit.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back