Andrea Bocelli: Amore, Under the Desert Sky

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfm

Reaction score
Genre: Pop & Classical
Studio: Sugar
DVD Release Date: November 7, 2006
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Available Audio Tracks: English (DTS 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (PCM Stereo)

The setting is perfect for the Italian singer’s “first-ever pop concert,” as pianist-producer David Foster describes it (although some songs might be labeled as classical) – Bocelli sings on a floating stage in Lake Las Vegas, as dusk turns into night.

If you’re familiar with Boceill’s CD entitled Amore, you know what to expect by way of songs. Most of the songs are in Italian and Spanish, but only on the surface. The real language here is love, and as delivered by other singers the songs might sound maudlin – but not as sung by Bocelli!

Video quality is good, and so is the audio. The 5.1 track spreads the sound around for a greater sense of ambience. The stereo track makes the voices sound fuller, especially when they’re singing at the top of their range.

The highlight on this DVD is his duet with Tony winner Heather Headley on “The Prayer.” You’re probably familiar with this tune from a previous duet of Bocelli and Celine Dion, and dare I say that this is a much better version. I played this for my wife and she was reduced to tears. When I offered to play it again, she said, “No thanks. I’d like to treasure the experience.” Just one of those moments that makes this hobby all worthwhile.

Attachments

• B000I2J6R8.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38595454_.jpg
    B000I2J6R8.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38595454_.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 453
Back