System #174 (CLSIIz, SL3, Depth i)
1. Member Name: Brad R.
2. Location: Tampa, FL.
3. ML Model:CLSIIz & Electromotion 2-Depth i's
4. Year Purchased: 2006
5. Mods/Changes: Built new frames for the CLS's to eliminate the need for my stands
6. Associated Electronics: 2 Channel:
Sony SCD-1 with Vacuum State Level 6+ upgrade
ARC Ref3 Preamp
ARC VTM 200 Mono Blocks
Shunyata Altair XLR interconnects
Shunyata Andromeda speaker cables
Shunyata Hydra 4
Shunyata Python Helix to all electronics
Shunyata Tipan Helix to CLS's
Helos 100 (side & rear surround in ceiling)
Sony 60" Grand Wega LCD (rear projection)
Oppo 971H DVD
Verizon Fios DVR
Outlaw 990 audio processor
Aragon 3005 (center, side & rear surround)
Aragon 2002 (switched to SL3s full range fronts)
2 Outlaw LFM-1 subs
Velodyne SMS-1 digital drive controller
Belden, Canare, Straight Wire, cables
7. Your Martin Logan experience: Owned Accoustat Model 3's in early 80's never really had the equipment and room to make them sound great. Tried other speakers but never really had the sound of the electrostatic I wanted. Heard SL3s in mid 90s and started hinting to my better half of my need for them. Bought them in I think 96 and never wished I hadn't. Purchased CLS IIz in 2007 added new panels. Built new frames for CLSIIz's.
8. Top picture is of the same listening room after house renovation. The link to my room renovations is
9. The link to my frame construction for CLS's is
Last edited by Brad225; 01-09-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Reason: new photo