hey all, new to the forum

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg_slo

Reaction score
hey everyone,

new to the site as a member, but a long time reader.

just got a pair of used aerius i's and a used cinema center, as well as some other demo speakers/gear.

my HT is in the process of being put together, but school and money are cutting into its completion. right now i have various components scattered across the floor and TV tables in my living...cant wait till i get everything set up and firing on all cylinders--kind of [FONT=&quot]cliché, but i see a few car people in the forum as well, so it was the first thing that came to mind...anyway, looking forward to being a part of this fantastic group
:cheers:
~greg_slo
[/FONT]

Greg,

Welcome to the club! :cheers:

I'm sure you will get much enjoyment from your ML home theater system. Once you get your system set up, be sure to include it in the "Members Systems" area. (I'm one to talk -- I still haven't got my system put in yet).

Now don't let silly little things like school or lack of money slow you down. You get that baby set up and running. Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome Greg!!!! :cool: There is plenty of passion for cars, music, home theater, Computer OS, cables, tubes... all well thought out discussions along w/ friendly advice... glad you chose to join us. :cheers:

i see a few car people in the forum as well, so it was the first thing that came to mind...anyway, looking forward to being a part of this fantastic group

More than a few of us but I am not sure that we are firing on all cylinders! I know my cars are though! LOL!

Welcome to ML ownership! You are in BIG trouble now! You are starting out with an excellent front stage too! You will have a rockin' HT before you know it!

Greg,

do yourself a favor.. Change your vBulletin settings so all of Joey's threads are not displayed. :haha1:

You can thank me later.:eek:

Welcome aboard!

Tom.

Last edited:
Welcome Greg...

Welcome. Here you can agreed or disagreed with our thougts. The important thing is that we all do care regarding the wonderful sound of ML and we all do respect each other with respect and honor, please warm welcome again:musicnote: ...happy listening,
Roberto:D

Hi Greg, good choice of switching from passive to active role here - the more we are, the better it gets, so welcome. From your initial purchase of gear I can smell some familiar joeyitis - if you've been with us for a long time I think you know what I'm talking about, and Tom's suggestion on blacklisting Joey arrives too late. Anyway, don't forget that loudspeakers and gear is only an infinite search of the widest, thickest pipeline to sensorial audio nirvana. That's what it's all about, and Martin Logan is the primary weed smoked here in order to achieve this.

Welcome Greg!
I own a pair of Sequels for hi-fi use, and they may end up in a HT environment. The Aerius is an excellent speaker too, and a great choice!
Enjoy!

Welcome Greg! Since you've been reading this site for quite some time before actually posting, you know that we're a rowdy group! Join in on the fun and get your system up in the system's page!

I understand that school and other expenses cut into the audio budget, but fear not... ramen is your friend. :)

:welcome:

Joey

Lugano, Is it legal to "Burn One Down" in Switzerland??:meditate:

Legal? When has that stopped anyone:p ? If it is legal I will definately have to go to Switzerland shopping for a watch or something (sorry Lugano, I meant timepiece):D .

Welcome to the club, I have only been here a couple of months and have found everyone to be friendly and willing to share their knowledge and experience.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

ill be getting pictures up in the members pages as soon as i have the set up looking a little more....presentable...like i mentioned i have gear on TV trays and my rear ch spkr cables are running up the middle of the living room. i couldnt wait to fire my logans up with decent applification once i got my pre/pro. my next major purchase is a gear rack. an older sanus rack (two most likely)

lucky for me i work at a hi-fi shop in town (the only shop in san luis obispo, really). this fact will explain part of the reason for why most of my electronics are rotel...either way, i still would have made the purchase of this gear had i not worked at the shop, it would have just taken me QUITE a bit longer.

look forward to mixing it up with everyone.
anyone else in SLO county?
how about bay area [where i am orignally from (sunnyvale to be exact)]?

~greg

lucky for me i work at a hi-fi shop in town (the only shop in san luis obispo, really). this fact will explain part of the reason for why most of my electronics are rotel...
~greg
Assuming Audio Ecstasy?
I've known Jim, one of the owners, for many years, and he could probably tell you a couple of anectdotes about me! As for Rotel.... yeah, they're good....really good.... until you get into DIY vintage or homebrew designs...:rocker: PM me with any questions you may have.
Regards,
Ross

audio ecstacy indeed!

ill have to ask jim today when im @ work.

perhaps its the fact that its 4 am and i just finished a bunch of hw...but i cant find a link or description of your system. what are your 'poisons' of choice for gear?

in the price catagory, id definately agree about rotel...and lucky for me...and unlucky for the store...rotel cut AE as a dealer, so i got some killer deals on next to new demo gear...they kinda did so in an ef'ed up way...but that doesnt make their gear ne less good...ill defiantely talk at ya later if i have specific questions :)

~greg

cant find a link or description of your system. what are your 'poisons' of choice for gear?
~greg
Right now I've got a vintage McIntosh MX-110 preamp, and a Harman/Kardon Citation II amp, both from early '60s, and a Sony CD player / recorder, which, for a mass-market item I got at Circuit City, sounds darn good! But I'd like to upgrade to a better player one of these days.
At the moment I'm gathering parts to do a pair of 280W monoblocs and a preamp for my new system. DIY is my thing!:rocker: Oh, and I'd like new panels for my Sequels, and an upgrade of the crossovers one of these days.
And one of these days I'll post my system...... whichever it ends up being!:rolleyes:

Welcome Greg,

The aerius i's are nice speakers, used to have a set before going to Oddessey's. Hopefully Joeyitis doesn't set in on you too soon. Enjoy those new speakers!!

Back