Custom Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hey all, new to the forum

Default hey all, new to the forum

hey everyone,

new to the site as a member, but a long time reader.

just got a pair of used aerius i's and a used cinema center, as well as some other demo speakers/gear.

my HT is in the process of being put together, but school and money are cutting into its completion. right now i have various components scattered across the floor and TV tables in my living...cant wait till i get everything set up and firing on all cylinders--kind of cliché, but i see a few car people in the forum as well, so it was the first thing that came to mind...anyway, looking forward to being a part of this fantastic group

~greg_slo

Greg,

Welcome to the club!

I'm sure you will get much enjoyment from your ML home theater system. Once you get your system set up, be sure to include it in the "Members Systems" area. (I'm one to talk -- I still haven't got my system put in yet).

Now don't let silly little things like school or lack of money slow you down. You get that baby set up and running. Glad to have you aboard.
    Rich

This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

Welcome Greg!!!! There is plenty of passion for cars, music, home theater, Computer OS, cables, tubes... all well thought out discussions along w/ friendly advice... glad you chose to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by greg_slo View Post
    i see a few car people in the forum as well, so it was the first thing that came to mind...anyway, looking forward to being a part of this fantastic group
    More than a few of us but I am not sure that we are firing on all cylinders! I know my cars are though! LOL!

Welcome to ML ownership! You are in BIG trouble now! You are starting out with an excellent front stage too! You will have a rockin' HT before you know it!
    James Morrison
    Martin Logan Prodigy, Theater, Ascent, Script, Descent
    Rotel RSP-1098; Rotel RMB-1095, RB-1090, RB-1050
    Rega P2 w/ RB300 and Exact, Richard Gray Power Co. - Substation, Pole Pig, 400 Pro, 400 Mk II, 400
    http://www.martinloganowners.com/~td...ead.php?t=3175

Welcome Greg,
    Another California guy

Jeff

Welcome Greg...

Greg,

do yourself a favor.. Change your vBulletin settings so all of Joey's threads are not displayed.

You can thank me later.

Welcome aboard!

Tom.
    Last edited by TomDac; 02-26-2007 at 09:13 AM.
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner since 1988 (Sequels, reQuests, and now Summits!)
    CL
    ick HERE to see my system.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!

Quote Originally Posted by Sambob2 View Post
    Welcome Greg...
    Welcome. Here you can agreed or disagreed with our thougts. The important thing is that we all do care regarding the wonderful sound of ML and we all do respect each other with respect and honor, please warm welcome again ...happy listening,
    Roberto

+46° 1' 26.41", +8° 57' 5.40" (Switzerland)

Hi Greg, good choice of switching from passive to active role here - the more we are, the better it gets, so welcome. From your initial purchase of gear I can smell some familiar joeyitis - if you've been with us for a long time I think you know what I'm talking about, and Tom's suggestion on blacklisting Joey arrives too late. Anyway, don't forget that loudspeakers and gear is only an infinite search of the widest, thickest pipeline to sensorial audio nirvana. That's what it's all about, and Martin Logan is the primary weed smoked here in order to achieve this.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

•• System 91 ••

Quote Originally Posted by lugano View Post
    Martin Logan is the primary weed smoked here in order to achieve this.
    Lugano, Is it legal to "Burn One Down" in Switzerland??
    Click Here To See System #104
    Where Words Fail, Music Speaks

Welcome Greg!
    I own a pair of Sequels for hi-fi use, and they may end up in a HT environment. The Aerius is an excellent speaker too, and a great choice!
    Enjoy!

Welcome Greg! Since you've been reading this site for quite some time before actually posting, you know that we're a rowdy group! Join in on the fun and get your system up in the system's page!

I understand that school and other expenses cut into the audio budget, but fear not... ramen is your friend.

Joey
    Joey "kid grown up" V
    4 months away from the new and improved 2ch room...

Quote Originally Posted by theWB View Post
    Lugano, Is it legal to "Burn One Down" in Switzerland??
    Legal? When has that stopped anyone ? If it is legal I will definately have to go to Switzerland shopping for a watch or something (sorry Lugano, I meant timepiece) .

Welcome to the club, I have only been here a couple of months and have found everyone to be friendly and willing to share their knowledge and experience.
    2-channel: Vantages, BAT VK-500, BAT VK-30se, Rotel 1072, MIT cables
    HT: Aerius i, Cinema, Acurus 100x3, Yamaha RXV-992, Velodyne CT-12, Energy rears, 50" Phillips Plasma
    My setup http://www.martinloganowners.com/for...ead.php?t=3473

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

ill be getting pictures up in the members pages as soon as i have the set up looking a little more....presentable...like i mentioned i have gear on TV trays and my rear ch spkr cables are running up the middle of the living room. i couldnt wait to fire my logans up with decent applification once i got my pre/pro. my next major purchase is a gear rack. an older sanus rack (two most likely)

lucky for me i work at a hi-fi shop in town (the only shop in san luis obispo, really). this fact will explain part of the reason for why most of my electronics are rotel...either way, i still would have made the purchase of this gear had i not worked at the shop, it would have just taken me QUITE a bit longer.

look forward to mixing it up with everyone.
    anyone else in SLO county?
    how about bay area [where i am orignally from (sunnyvale to be exact)]?

~greg

+46° 1' 26.41", +8° 57' 5.40" (Switzerland)

It's not legal yet - but last time it went really close (96 contrary vs 89 )
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

•• System 91 ••