The Peter Malick Group featuring Norah Jones

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Artist - Peter Malick Group along with Norah Jones
Title - "New York City"
Year of Release - 2003
Label - Koch Records - Redbook CD
Genre - Blues

Well, talk about a 'Diamond in the rough', this CD qualifies ! If you are a Norah Jones fan and don't have this piece search it out for it showcases her prior to her Grammy winning days, back before 911 when Peter Malick stumbled across her playing at the 'Living Room' in NYC and persuaded her to do a bunch of gigs around New York and New England. Peter Malick's Blues oriented group mates up so good with Norah's style that I wish we could get more !!

The title track New York City showcases Norah's natural 'Blues infussed' voice so well that you would think she had been singing it forever.
There's a Bob Dylan piece, 'Heart of Mine' that further shows her natural 'breathy' style.

The only negative I have with this CD is, it's too darn short !! just over 30 minutes of music !

FWIW, I stumbled upon this little gem while searching through various titles at my local viynl / CD Boutique in West Chester, Pa "The Mad Platter"

Attachments

• 148974.jpg
    148974.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 647
For Nora Jones fans, this is a very nice album and has some great songs on it. My only complaint is the length of the album - very short.

Yep, the length of it is my only complaint as well. Very funcky stuff that is very much out of the typical Nora Jones venacular. If you want something that is a combination of Jazz, Blues, Funk, House and Trance this disc is it!

In agreement with everyone else here, good album, 6 songs just aren't enough.
Favorite track -- "Deceptively Yours"

In agreement with everyone else here, good album, 6 songs just aren't enough.
Favorite track -- "Deceptively Yours"

Wayne, FYI, stumbled across this one which covers alot more for the money......."The Peter Malick Group - Chance & Circumstance".

Artists such as Norah, Jess Klien, Mercy Malick, Antje Duvekot, Kristen Proffit.

Attachments

• malick.jpg
    malick.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 550
Wayne, FYI, stumbled across this one which covers alot more for the money......."The Peter Malick Group - Chance & Circumstance".

Artists such as Norah, Jess Klien, Mercy Malick, Antje Duvekot, Kristen Proffit.
Dave, Don't have that one. will have to check it out.

Latest posts

Back