Fresco i is coming... PICTURES HERE!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Here's a couple teasers of the new Fresco i...

More details to follow... stay tuned.

Attachments

• Fresco_i_Lifestyle_small.jpg
    Fresco_i_Lifestyle_small.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 865
  • Fresco_i_Front_3quarter_small.jpg
    Fresco_i_Front_3quarter_small.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 868
Wow. That looks really different, and yet, the same. Amazing how squaring off some corners and changing the color tone can have such a dramatic difference in the way it looks.

Wow. That looks really different, and yet, the same. Amazing how squaring off some corners and changing the color tone can have such a dramatic difference in the way it looks.

I think I like the older style better with the smoother edges... I need to see them side by side.

Now I REALLY like the Salamander Triple 10 in black/black with the nice feet on it! I look forward to gettin my Quad 20 set up and a new TV on it! Maybe 3 more weeks or so...fingers crossed!

Tom,
Thank you so much for posting this. I showed it to my wife and she said, "eew! The old one looked better." I took the opportunity to tell her that I didn't know exactly when they would replace the Fresco with the Fresco i, and so maybe we should get one while they still had the old style. So she agreed! I ordered it and picked it up today, along with my new Grotto! All I can say is "ooooohhh!!! That sounds good..." ;)

-capT

Tom,
Thank you so much for posting this. I showed it to my wife and she said, "eew! The old one looked better." I took the opportunity to tell her that I didn't know exactly when they would replace the Fresco with the Fresco i, and so maybe we should get one while they still had the old style. So she agreed! I ordered it and picked it up today, along with my new Grotto! All I can say is "ooooohhh!!! That sounds good..." ;)

-capT

CapT, WELL PLAYED my man! VERY WELL PLAYED!!!

CapT, WELL PLAYED my man! VERY WELL PLAYED!!!

Cap,

I will echo our friend James' reply... and I raise it SUPERBLY PLAYED my good man! If only my gf would fall for something like that, I'd be in business. :cheers:

Cap,

I will echo our friend James' reply... and I raise it SUPERBLY PLAYED my good man! If only my gf would fall for something like that, I'd be in business. :cheers:

"Honey, Martin Logan was bought out by a new company, no telling how long they'll be making the Statements....."

:devil:

I like it! Looks good next to a Plasma ... How big is that? 50"?

I'd put it on the wall though :)

Noticed yesterday that the Fresco i's are now up on the ML website.

http://www.us.martinlogan.com/speaker_intro/fresco_i.html

Looked at the pictures, and the back looks essentially the same, but it's the front cover that looks different. It is still the rounded edge on the back, but the black cover in front of it is rectangular now instead of the same shape as the back. It would be interesting to see if there are any other differences...

-capT

Specs

Frequency Response:

75–20,000 Hz ± 3dB
Sensitivity:

90 dB/2.83 volts/meter
Impedance:

5 ohms nominal
Crossover Frequencies:

500, 3200 Hz
Components:

Air core coils, metal film and low dissipation electrolytic capacitors
High Frequency Driver:

1.5" × 2.25" (3.8 × 5.7 cm) ATF™ Transducer
Midrange Driver:

1.5" × 6" (3.8 × 15.2 cm) ATF™ Transducer
Woofer Type:

Two 4" (10.2cm) high rigidity aluminum cones with extended throw drive assembly, non-resonance asymmetrical chamber format; bass reflex; unshielded

Seems pretty good to me! Maybe I have some new surrounds to think about....although I do love the scripts.

So, what's the difference besides the shape??

I think they are identical technically speaking. They have the exact same specs. I think the change is cosmetic. I liked the old design better.

Back