A Little Accoustical Help !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
An Accoustic Condum !

Unfortunately most of us don't have the luxury of a completely dedicated listening room. One of my 'room challenges' has been my gun safe. I have for years thrown a blanket over it with satisfactory 'sonic' results, but visually it looked like hell. Well I got this cute little seamstress I know(my wife) to make me a rather atractive 'accoustical cover', basically nice thick fabric, that can quickly be removed when I need entry into my safe.

Dan (DTB300) has mentioned several times of the good luck he has had with some of his DIY treatments, so I thought it was about time I joined the ranks !!

Attachments

• IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0676.JPG
    IMG_0676.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Unfortunately most of us don't have the luxury of a completely dedicated listening room. One of my 'room challenges' has been my gun safe. I have for years thrown a blanket over it with satisfactory 'sonic' results, but visually it looked like hell. Well I got this cute little seamstress I know(my wife) to make me a rather atractive 'accoustical cover', basically nice thick fabric, that can quickly be removed when I need entry into my safe.

Love all the ARC gear in the rack and that TT! VERY NICE! I have something you will be jelous over...

I have a "gun room"! It has 2 safes in it and the room itself is 1' thick double steel rebar reinforced concrete with a 1600# vault door! YEA BABY! I love it! It is not very big 9' X 10' or so I guess, but there is room for the two safes, all of the security cameras feed into the room w/ the recording hardware for it and I have my loading bench in there as well. It is not as impressive as the garage, but it is SUPER COOL!

Your cover reminds me of the custom ML speaker covers that they made for several years. I have them for my Ascent, can't find those I had for the Aerius i I sold a couple months back, and I have one for the Cinema (for sale if anyone is interested in protecting their investment when not in use).

Be cool, we might need to talk about guns now too...maybe via email or PM vs. on list...

Latest posts

Back