Herbie's Grungebuster CD/DVD Mat

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtwrace

Reaction score
I bought one of these after discovering the $600 disk edge cutter. I thought I would try something low cost with little to loose. So I bought one of these cd mats. I went to http://herbiesaudiolab.home.att.net/cdmat.htm and bought the grungebuster. It's about $24 shipped to your door. Like I said little to loose IMO.

I picked a CD that I have played hundreds of times and played it before and then after (A.B.A). WOW! Could it be that simple? Yes, it is. It doesn't change the sonic charecteristics a huge amount but it does take the "glare" away. I also had IWalker audition it on his system and he agreed on the glare. He actually said glare & grunge....Which to me was well worth it, especially for $20. This mat can be transferred from CD to CD and reused over and over. So, if you would like to try an inexpensive tweak that actually does something give it a shot.

Good Luck and Happy Listening

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm a HUGE skeptic of stuff like this, and if anything was listening closely for a LACK of difference...but it definitely seemed to take a little bit of grain/grunge off of a piece of music that I've listened to a lot.

Problem for me is, I'm not going to take that thing on and off every time I put a CD in my player (call me lazy) If you have that patience, it's a cheap little tweak that's kinda cool.

The new "Black Hole" is an even better mat than the Grungebuster.

Well worth the $4.00

The new "Black Hole" is an even better mat than the Grungebuster.

Well worth the $4.00

Herbies "Black Hole" ........$4.00

Taking apart Dave's Cary 303/300 to retrieve the little buggar........Priceless !!!

LOL !!

Priceless and also a little nerve wracking, dave. I was axious as hell when I was taking apart your CDP!!!

Herbies "Black Hole" ........$4.00
Taking apart Dave's Cary 303/300 to retrieve the little buggar........Priceless !!!
First player I ever saw eat one.... :) and I have used Herbies CD Mats for a couple of years now.

Found out from Herbie that using Masking tape on the thing helps restore its tackiness.

Latest posts

Back