Barenaked Ladies - Gordon

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theWB

Reaction score
Artist: Barenaked Ladies
Title: Gordon
Release Year: 1992
Label: Reprise
Genre: Alternative Rock

The band is out of Canada and did not hit it big in America until the release of their 4th album "Stunt" with the hit "One Week"

This is the bands first comercial release and IMHO is their best. The band and their songs are fun and playful, many songs on this album make fun of people in the music industry as well as the music industry itself. The lead singer Steven Page has a wonderful and strong voice which sounds great on the ML's. The songs are very musical and catchy. This is one of the most listened to discs in my collection, a fun album that you'll find yourself singing along with on a regular basis.

I've seen this band live several times, in fact I was at the 1996 concert at the Riviera here in Chicago that was recorded for their live album "Rock Spectacle". For those that are fans and have yet to see them in concert, do yourself a favor and go when you get the chance. Their concerts are the most fun and unique I've ever seen. When they play their song "If I Had A $1,000,000" the audience throws macaroni at the band and the stage when they sing the line "We'd eat Kraft dinner". One concert I was at they had 2 guys on stage the entire set grilling hamburgers and flipping them to the audience.

Highly recommend this album.:D

Attachments

• gordona.jpg
    gordona.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Yup, I'm one of those goof balls that have thrown macaroni at them.

At the show I went to they had a monkey puppet that took part in a number of songs as an additional band member.

Their music isn't just made to be funny, they can be very creative.

Last edited:
I agree. I bought Gordon when it was first released. Later stuff was good too, but that first album was in a class by itself.

Last edited:
Ya know - I guess I'll reply about a year late.... I don't come into this area much...Yeah, I am a true die-hard fan - I don't know how many times I have seen them - but it is probably over 20.... Have been on cruises with them too... These guys are awsome... I am just trying to figure out why their other recordings do not sound as good sonically as Gordon. I think Gordon definitely sounds better than their other recordings....

I am a Naked Ladies fan. Rock Spectacle is a damn good live recording too,

Latest posts

Back