ML trade in to Tweeter??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominick22

Reaction score
If I remember right, Tweeter offers a trade in program for ML if you are upgrading?

My point is that I was considering trading in my Descent Sub for the Descent i Sub...But I was wondering what I should expect to get for the trade????

Has anyone done this already...I was thinking that maybe they just give you a % of the original msrp?? I hope they do it that way so I don't have to haggle with them!

Dominick

If I remember right, Tweeter offers a trade in program for ML if you are upgrading?

My point is that I was considering trading in my Descent Sub for the Descent i Sub...But I was wondering what I should expect to get for the trade????

Has anyone done this already...I was thinking that maybe they just give you a % of the original msrp?? I hope they do it that way so I don't have to haggle with them!

Dominick

I think you are referring to Tweeters speaker trade up policy. For one year they give you full purchase price towards any speaker of greater value.

Yes. Within a year of the initial speaker purchase one may up-trade to a better speaker (pair) if the new speaker(s) cost(s) at least 50% more than what one paid for the previous set.

My initial speaker purchase was a pair of Aeon-i (demonstrators) for $2k, from Tweeter, in May. End of November I traded up for a pair of Vantages for $5k minus 5%. No problems at all. And I still have one more chance to trade up before I run out of year, provided that the next pair will be $7.5k or Summits.

That's the good thing about Tweeter, the trade in is great.

Joey

I was going to start looking for another Descent sub (original version) at the end of this month, so if anyone was going to trade in/up for the i version, drop me a line, please.
The Descent would have to rate a solid 9 in condition, though. Could be any color top.

T-

I contacted my source at tweeter and he said that he could trade me up from the descent to the descent i for $700!!

Essentially, he said I would get 2000 for my sub and he would sell the new one for a discounted price of $2700. So if anyone wants a 9 out of 10 Descent sub for anything more than $2000...you have yourself a deal!

Dominick

The deal you're getting sounds too good to pass up. I wonder how he's going to make it work on his end.....he's offering you somewhat more than average value for a used unit plus discounting the new one.....

Hmmmmm.....wish we had Tweeters around here :)

T-

I thought about selling my Ascent i's and picking up some summits, but havent found a great deal on them. I think Joey needs to hook me up with his guy.

I contacted my source at tweeter and he said that he could trade me up from the descent to the descent i for $700!!

Essentially, he said I would get 2000 for my sub and he would sell the new one for a discounted price of $2700. So if anyone wants a 9 out of 10 Descent sub for anything more than $2000...you have yourself a deal!

Dominick
<!-- / message -->

You should jump on that deal. I've used the speaker trade-up deal more than once and it's the best program going. However, I've asked about the subs and they've told me that subs are not included in the trade-up program. If they'll do it for you then you're lucky.

Latest posts

Back