Close To You ~ Susan Wong

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Artist / Title: Close To You / Susan Wong
Year of Release: 2004
Record Label: King
Genre: World

Susan Wong is an extremely talented singer. I wish, I could say I found her all-by-my-self but I did not... Fellow ML member "Cherian" recommended this particular singer to us a while ago..., Susan Wong brings sparkle and dazzle to my ML Ascent i's. Her back-up musicans are simply marvelous as well, very talented on each particular instrament. I was blown away by Miss Wong's vocal range and english clarity. The timber and tonal qualities of her marvelous voice are really astoundingly lovely...:D

I believe the recording of this CD was done on another level of recording quality, because the over-all sound quality is exceptional. The recording electronics, in Japan, must be on a much better recording quality scale or something..., because this CD is just beautiful to listen to, like Redbook or SACD or better.:D

All the songs are just lovely. Miss Wong covers all the old favorites like:

1. Killing Me Softly With His Song
2. I'm Easy
3. Fly Me To The Moon
4. Close To You
5. Love Will Keep Us Alive
6. Stay Awhile
7. Do You Wanna Dance?
8. This Masquerade
9. So That To Me One More Time
10. Desperado
11. I Just Fall In Love Again

Every song is listening heaven for the ears... :D

I highly recommend Susan Wong's most excellent CD... I plan on acquiring her other CD, I "Wish You Love". Be aware these are not cheap CD's ~ on Amazon, "Close To You - is $32 (USD) and Wish You Love - is $38... IMPORT ~ CD's are expensive but Susan Wong's voice is soooo worth it... :D

Attachments

• Susan Wong.jpg
    Susan Wong.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 460
Hello Robin,

Glad you enjoy the Susan Wong CD as much as I do. I would highly recommend “A Night at the Movies” by Susan Wong. This is the CD that got me hooked. The “Close to You” CD can also be had in the XRCD format and is worth getting.

Susan Wong ~ A Night At The Movies...

Hello Robin,

Glad you enjoy the Susan Wong CD as much as I do. I would highly recommend “A Night at the Movies” by Susan Wong. This is the CD that got me hooked. The “Close to You” CD can also be had in the XRCD format and is worth getting.
Cherian,

I tried searching for this CD on Amazon and they did not have it. I wonder if you wouldn't mind recommending another website ~ reputable Internet retailer? I would appreciate it... :D Thanks again. :D

Robin,

I got all of them on E-bay. Good luck.

Not my first choice in music, however my wife enjoyed the music. But I was blown away by the quality of the recording on the XRCD version. Very airy and transparent.

Attachments

• 2868073228.jpg
    2868073228.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back