Cleaning Sequel II cabinet

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AlvinLin

Hi everyone,

I've put some fingerprints on the side of my ML Sequel II cabinets while positioning the speakers. What do you guys use to clean your speakers? Do you have any suggestions for getting them off?

The cabinets for the Sequel IIs were made from the factory using a rubberized NextTel paint.

Any suggestions you could provide me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Alvin

I thought there was a thread already here talking about that. Try the search function...

No thead on cabinet

Thanks for the tip. I already checked out the threads before posting. There are only postings on how to clean the panels.

I'd like to get suggestions on how to clean the cabinet. The cabinets on the ML Sequel IIs use a different material than the newer MLs.

I am looking for suggestions on how to remove fingerprints from the sides of the cabinets.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alvin

Not sure how you would clean the cabinets once that Nextel stuff becomes tacky..

If you do a search for "nextel", not "nexttel"... you will see that there are alot of discussions about this already, including the fact that nextel is toxic, so be careful.

Martin-Logan has abandoned Nextel finishes. "It's nasty stuff to work with—extremely toxic and very bad for the environment. We are now using a water-based coating that's easier to work with and far more benign."

I remember my Sequels got tacky like that and dust stuck to them... Good luck cleaning them and let us know how you make out.

Last edited:
Yes I would agree. I've gleaned my Sequel (original Sequels) with Armor-All upholstry cleaning towels (the ones that come in the plastic canisters) and then wiping them down with STP Son-Of-A-Gun Tire Glaze (sprayed onto a lint-free rag, then wiped on--DO NOT spray any of these cleaners or treatments onto your speakers, because the overspray will ruin your ESL panels...)

Looks REALLY good, and the tire glaze sort of seals that crappy Nextel finish so it isn't sticky anymore, MUCH easier to dust, and doesn't come off on my hands every time I move the speakers...

--Richard C.

Back