Speaker Cable Elevators

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off topic.... But how are your be20 holding so far?, what martin logans did you have prior to them, and what are your impressions?

👍👍

invenio - Thanks the JPS Aluminata made a significant improvement over my previous cables AudioQuest Pike's Peak. Biggest change was in micro detail and much quieter background.

bsandovalb - I just finished a complete electronics upgrade to the BE20Ds from GR Research - all upgraded components, internal cabling and binding posts, everything direct soldered via Mundorf silver solder, xover frequencies changed to reduce the overly "warm" bass and bass output tuned to my room. Not broken in, but almost there.

I had the SL3s and then the Summits. The Summits were great speakers, great imaging powerful bass, much better than the SL3s. But to be 100% honest, when I moved to the BE20Ds there was simply no comparison. Of course, they s/b better at 2x the price. However, the Ushers are known to punch way above their price point. From what I'm hearing with the recent upgrades, I'm even more convinced of this.

invenio - Thanks the JPS Aluminata made a significant improvement over my previous cables AudioQuest Pike's Peak. Biggest change was in micro detail and much quieter background.

bsandovalb - I just finished a complete electronics upgrade to the BE20Ds from GR Research - all upgraded components, internal cabling and binding posts, everything direct soldered via Mundorf silver solder, xover frequencies changed to reduce the overly "warm" bass and bass output tuned to my room. Not broken in, but almost there.

I had the SL3s and then the Summits. The Summits were great speakers, great imaging powerful bass, much better than the SL3s. But to be 100% honest, when I moved to the BE20Ds there was simply no comparison. Of course, they s/b better at 2x the price. However, the Ushers are known to punch way above their price point. From what I'm hearing with the recent upgrades, I'm even more convinced of this.

that is great to hear!.... I have the Usher be-10 and think they are amazing.... I also almost pulled the trigger with the GR crossover upgrade... only problem for me is that I am in Costa Rica and he told me that I needed to take apart my crossover and send them to him, when I would have thought that given he has made these upgrades before, he would simply make my crossovers and send them to me directly....

I have also SL3, the Odysseys... I also have CLS2... but this be10, at least for me has been a great revelation... great dynamics but with a transparency that does not make me miss the stats... a friend of mine that have the Ethos visited me a month ago and he told me he was truly impressed with the Ushers... so yes, definitely they do a great job!

that is great to hear!.... I have the Usher be-10 and think they are amazing.... I also almost pulled the trigger with the GR crossover upgrade... only problem for me is that I am in Costa Rica and he told me that I needed to take apart my crossover and send them to him, when I would have thought that given he has made these upgrades before, he would simply make my crossovers and send them to me directly....

I have also SL3, the Odysseys... I also have CLS2... but this be10, at least for me has been a great revelation... great dynamics but with a transparency that does not make me miss the stats... a friend of mine that have the Ethos visited me a month ago and he told me he was truly impressed with the Ushers... so yes, definitely they do a great job!

I'm surprised to hear that Danny would need your xovers. As you said, he should be able to just send you the upgraded ones which is what he did for me. If you can make it happen, its worth the $, significant improvement. But a friendly warning - if you like the somewhat warm sound via the bass riding up into the 400 Hz you will most certainly lose that but will gain significant clarity (not that they weren't already very good at retrieving detail) tighter more articulate bass and a more relaxed effortless sound. enjoy!

I'm surprised to hear that Danny would need your xovers. As you said, he should be able to just send you the upgraded ones which is what he did for me. If you can make it happen, its worth the $, significant improvement. But a friendly warning - if you like the somewhat warm sound via the bass riding up into the 400 Hz you will most certainly lose that but will gain significant clarity (not that they weren't already very good at retrieving detail) tighter more articulate bass and a more relaxed effortless sound. enjoy!

Thanks for the insights, will ask danny again in the next weeks and see if he can make them, he told me that he had the info for the be20 but not be10...., cheers!

Latest posts

Back