The Monty Alexander Trio- Full steam Ahead

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Artist - Monty Alexander
Title - Full Steam Ahead
Original Release - 1985
Record Label - Audiophile Master Records - 2006 (remastered) 33 1/3 LP
Genre - Jazz

Monty Alexander - piano, Ray Brown - Bass, Frank Gant - Drums

I bought this LP on the recomendation of Michael Fremer(analog guru from Stereophile) and am pleased to the point that I decided to write it up here.
This is a two LP set that that is pressed onto 180 gram vinyl and done so with great sonic satisfaction !

Monte kicks things off with Freddie Freeloader, described as a "Miles Davis' blues a la mode", a little improvisation by Monty on this one, his next piece, I really enjoy listening to on my Logans, it's "Once I Loved" , a latin number that just does the Loagan's justice, synergy between piano and bass are stellar !

Ray Brown, Monty's drummer performes his magic with the 'sticks' on Ray's Idea, a piece dating back to his days with Dizzy Gillespie's Big Band circa 1946 !

To any of you that like energetic , upbeat and fun Jazz, this trio does a superb job, I say, give it a spin! The pressing is wonderfully done and we all know how Logan's love to reproduce the piano !!

Attachments

• palp010bk.jpg
    palp010bk.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 148
Back