Descent Wood Top

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marck

Reaction score
Hi,
As you have all probably seen from my last post I am now patiently waiting for the delivery of my Summit's :) I have a quick question though - I also have a Descent and I would like to match the wood top with that of the Summit cabinet - is it possible to order these? I have just gone for one of the standard colours - Natural Cherry.
If so, any idea of cost?

Cheers
Marc.

Just go to the Martin Logan web site and see the new Depth i and Descent i, which match with the new ESL design. They are available in the same wood colour than the Vantage and Summit.

Musicman

Excellent - I will give ML a call to find out costings etc

Cheers
Marc.

What wood finish are you looking for? I have a maple descent top that I need to get rid of. Just figured I would ask.

What wood finish are you looking for? I have a maple descent top that I need to get rid of. Just figured I would ask.

Hi,
That is a real shame - I am looking for a Natural Cherry top.

Thank you for asking though.

Btw, has anyone else got a top in the Natural Cherry finish that they no longer require?

Thanks
Marc.

Marc,
The Natural Cherry top will cost you $200.00 from ML. OUCH!!!:eek:
Might want to search Ebay to see if you can find it cheaper.

Back when I bought my Descent it was only $150.00 for the insert, thought it was to steep then and bought used,

Good Luck

$200 - blimey that is rather high :(

May have to look at that wonderful auction site and see if any come up

Thanks for the heads up though
Marc.

Could you buy the maple descent top and stain it cherry?

Could you buy the maple descent top and stain it cherry?

I suppose I could do, however I would rather get one already the right colour. I will have a chat with my dealer to see if they can get any discount.

Thinking about it, if I did go down the route of staining it, I could use my current light oak one!

Thanks
Marc.

I am thinking of calling ML to see if they will offer me the wood top for a heavy discount - seeing I have just laid out a lot of money on the Summit's. Does anyone know who I should ask for when I call?

Thanks
Marc.

I am thinking of calling ML to see if they will offer me the wood top for a heavy discount - seeing I have just laid out a lot of money on the Summit's. Does anyone know who I should ask for when I call?

Thanks
Marc.

Marc,
you might have a better chance getting a discount with the dealer you purchased the Summits from, if you haven't tried already.

Marc,
you might have a better chance getting a discount with the dealer you purchased the Summits from, if you haven't tried already.

I have also tried this path - still waiting for them to come back to me..
Marc.

Marc,

The problem with this is that I know dealers have very very little markup on these wood panels, so the discount may not be too big. However, your dealer may be able to offer a bigger discount and go "negative" on this wood panel, considering you made him quite a bit on the Summits sale.

Good luck!

Joey

The problem with this is that I know dealers have very very little markup on these wood panels, so the discount may not be too big. However, your dealer may be able to offer a bigger discount and go "negative" on this wood panel, considering you made him quite a bit on the Summits sale.

Good luck!

Joey

Yeh, I wonder just how much they made from my purchase! Here in the UK we get ripped off for everything. The Summits have now increased to £9300!

WOW, that is $17,000.00 US!!!

Ouch!!!! I just ordered my Summits and paid about $9,000 plus sales tax (happily beating the price increase over here in the States). That is almost half what you paid. Of course, it is the same thing the other way around if we want to purchase some British gear, like Quads, or a fine British Automobile, like an Aston Martin. We end up paying through the nose for that stuff, especially with the current exchange rates. Still, that seems awfully expensive for the Summits.

I did manage to haggle a 10% discount and a very good trade-in price for my Ascent i's.

I did manage to haggle a 10% discount and a very good trade-in price for my Ascent i's.

Good for you. That takes some of the sting out of it. Let us know how you like your Summits once you get them set up and broken in. I'm also curious how well they blend with the Descent, since I have one of those as well.

By the way, Marck, you live in one of my favorite cities in the world. London Rocks. :rocker:

Yeh, I wonder just how much they made from my purchase! Here in the UK we get ripped off for everything. The Summits have now increased to £9300!

Probably cheaper to order and ship a pair over from the US yourself. Can't understand why it shud be so expensive in the UK. I only paid the dealer the equiv of $11k for mine here in Singapore and they were shipped here by air!

Last edited:
Back