Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: System #164 (Vantage, Stage, Vignette, Grotto)

I have reorganized my theater room so that i can now fit my Depth "i" in the front of the room where it belongs. It just fits in there....

Next week...i will have PS3 40 GB in the theater room to serve as my DVD/BR player.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is my PS3:

Default Nice System!

Hi Thai - Nice System! My system is very similar to yours except you have the better Center. I have been contemplating a separate amp for a while now. I would be very interested in finding out the differences before and after the addition of the Sunfire. Let me know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MIQURA786 View Post
    Hi Thai - Nice System! My system is very similar to yours except you have the better Center. I have been contemplating a separate amp for a while now. I would be very interested in finding out the differences before and after the addition of the Sunfire. Let me know. Thanks.
    You're not kidding...very similar system! Will keep you posted.

Finally got it...installed it...adjusted it (via Audyssey). The sound seems a little bit clearer (esp. at higher volumes) and the volume can go higher without feeling like my speakers are strained (or AVR's amp strain, not sure). I need more time to fully evaluate...but i think that my Denon AVR was a pretty decent amp, so this may explain the lack of earth shattering differences. In addition, my room is fairly small...so, this upgrade was as much for sound as to complete my setup.

Default Congrats!!!

Congratulations.

Just a question, but I thought the PS3 doesn't have support for high res audio and was told that it can only produce DVD quality sound. Is that true?

Are you talking about music or movie? My PS3 has no problems decoding DTS-HD or DolbyHD.

Default Ps3

Quote Originally Posted by Petden View Post
    Just a question, but I thought the PS3 doesn't have support for high res audio and was told that it can only produce DVD quality sound. Is that true?
    PS3 (fatty) could decode Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio (inlcuding DTS HD) and internally and pass the signal as PCM via HDMI. The PS3 Slim can bitstream over HDMI and internally decode. Some of the older PS3's (I have the 80 gig) also have SACD decoding built-in.

When playing a 3D blu-ray, the PS3 is limited to lossy dolby and dts formats. That is for 3D only though. Not for 2D blu-rays.

Over the past two weeks, i have finally had the chance to really use my theater room to its max capability! Wow!! The Sunfire amp really allows me to turn up the volume...to the level of a real movie theater now without a single hiccup!! Everything just sounds so amazing!!

How do you feel the Vignette pair up with the Vantage?

I have a very similar setup to you, except I have the Aerius i back there...always wondered how something smaller would sound.

I don't use my 5.1 system for music. For music, it is basically a 2-channel affair. I only use my 5.1 system for movies...and as such, the surrounds don't get much exercise other than flying bullets and off-in-the-distance explosion. This was why i chose to stay "cheap" with the surrounds and focus my money on the 3 front speakers and subwoofer.

Super User

Quote Originally Posted by Thai View Post
    I don't use my 5.1 system for music. For music, it is basically a 2-channel affair. I only use my 5.1 system for movies...and as such, the surrounds don't get much exercise other than flying bullets and off-in-the-distance explosion. This was why i chose to stay "cheap" with the surrounds and focus my money on the 3 front speakers and subwoofer.
    I have Vignettes for rears, too, and think that it works fine.

Today, i moved my subwoofer out of the corner to a more centralized position. Adjusted Audyssey. I like the new look and sound so far...more evaluations to come.

Default Updated pics

Here are some updated pics: