IsoMike ~ Joe McQueen & Friends - Ten at 86 (CD/SACD)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Artist / Title: IsoMike ~ Joe McQueen & Friends - Ten at 86 (CD/SACD)
Year of Release: 2006
Record Label: IsoMike
Genre: Jazz

What a fantastic Jazz listening treat, Joe McQueen played wonderfully along with his superbly talented friends in the jazz sextet – Joe McQueen – Sax; Even Coombs – Bass; Clayton Furch – Piano; Don Keipp – Drums; Skip Musgrave – Trumpet; Brad Wheeler – Harmonica. :D I was just blown away by this marvelously thrilling jazz IsoMike CD/SACD. First of all, this is the kinda jazz I simply love. I had not even heard of Joe McQueen before I ordered this IsoMike CD. But I wanted to hear what this IsoMike CD/SACD recording process sounded like in my ML system and I promised a friend, here at the ML Club, I’d try it. I need to offer a big Thank You to SugarMedia, I owe you one, my friend, for recommending IsoMike CD/SACD’s to me as it turned out to be a completely lovely and unusual thrilling listening experience. :D

Upon receiving this IsoMike CD/SACD in the mail yesterday and from hearing the first notes ~ I was totally mesmerized by the intricate, refined / defined details, I was hearing from all of the instruments at the same time. It was like the sax, piano, bass, drums, trumpet and harmonica were given perfect individualized clarity of imaging as well as separation, depth and boosted sound quality all at the same time. It was spine tingling really... Kinda weird in a wonderful way... Each note was all at once razor sharp as well as smooth and clear. This was especially true during the individual jazz solos during the tunes – “Stoned” and “Undecided” and the other tunes as well. My ML’s were singing so sweetly. I couldn’t help but thinking, with this IsoMike recording, I was really glad all my ML speakers were properly powered by my Anthem Statement P5 amplifier (500-435 watts/channel) to all my speakers for this type of recording, as each speaker needed to be fully powered for the full-on effects of this astounding IsoMike experience. I enjoyed it so much, I think I listened to the entire CD three times before I had to go to bed… :D

This IsoMike recording of ‘Joe McQueen & his friends – Ten at 86’ is now one of my absolute favorite jazz CD/SACD’s to listen to and I think it is mostly because of the IsoMike system recording process. I just loved every song. I now wish their were many, many other of my favorite artists / songs, which could have been recorded using the IsoMike system / process…
I highly recommend this amazingly beautiful IsoMike CD/SACD.:D

Now, I must get on to ordering the IsoMike CD/SACD of, “The Fry Street Quartet ~ Hayden”, which Dan recommended.

Thanks again SugarMedia...

Attachments

• joe.jpg
    joe.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 213
Robin,

Glad you enjoyed it immensely.:D I wish I didn't have to wait so long to get one shipped over here. Perhaps, I will order several CD's at once... and it's nice that they are quite inexpensive.

Thanks for sharing your review.

-S

Back