System #28 (Clarity, Fresco)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

77engineer

Member Name: Adam Crace
ML Models: Clarity and Fresco
Year Purchased: 2004
Mods/Changes: None

Associated Electronics:

Rotel 1066 Preamp
Classe CAV180 180 watts X 5
Rotel 1080 Tuner
Denon 2200 DVD Player
Sony Sat HD 200 Satellite Receiver
RGPC 400MKII
Sony HS20 Projector
Stewart Grayhawk 92" Screen
Berkline Theater Recliners
Straightwire Innerconnects
Canare 4S11 Speaker Wire
Canare Video Cables
RAM Electronics DVI Cable
Definitive Technology Supercube I
Definitive Technology BP10B Surrounds

Comments:
My setup is setup for 80% home theater and 20% audio. I am lucky enough to work with an audio store that allows you to upgrade your speakers within 1 year from the time that you buy them. I intend on upgrading the Fresco center channel to a Cinema i and upgrade the rear surrounds to Fresco’s. So far I have been very happy with the Clarity speakers but I may eventually do an upgrade on them also. I really enjoy this forum and it has been part of the reason I decided to give the Martin Logan line and shot. In addition, the new website is a vast improvement over the old one IMO. I am always open to any suggestions?

Adam

Attachments

• Full View Upload.JPG
    Full View Upload.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 1,237
  • Clarity Upload.JPG
    Clarity Upload.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 1,086
  • Equipment Upload.JPG
    Equipment Upload.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,024
Last edited:
Hi 77engineer,

It appears that we have / are going to have very similar systems... Clarity, Cinema i and Fresco...

Cinema i is a very good choice as far as center speakers are concerned, if you want it to match the Claritys... Fresco is also a good choice for rear speakers - I mainly selected them for SACD listening, where accoustic coherence between front and rear speakers is much more demanding... :)

Pat17,

I am looking forward to getting the rest of the speakers I think it will be a vast improvement over Defintive Technology setup I have. Before I posted this system I took a look at your system and noticed we would have the same setup.

attyonline,

My room is 12' wide by 26' long with 8' ceilings. Sorry about the pictures maybe at some point I can upload some better pictures.

Adam

77engineer said:
Pat17,

I am looking forward to getting the rest of the speakers I think it will be a vast improvement over Defintive Technology setup I have. Before I posted this system I took a look at your system and noticed we would have the same setup.

I don't know how Definitive Technology sounds like, but clearly having all speakers coming from the same supplier is a real must...

Nice set up, however, I would move the woofer to one side (the right IMO) to load the room better. This is really similar to the way I'll be going when I redo the living room, probably this summer.

Thanks for the comment I have been wondering about that. I will give it a try.

Adam

How does the Supercube work with your system... are you happy with it? Good looking setup by the way !!! You mention you might upgrade the Clarity's what would you go to?

The supercube works seems to work very well with the clarity's. It provides very deep bass and since I mostly do movies it sounds very good and accurate. At some point I will probably upgrade to the Ascent i's. Thanks for the comments.

Adam

Hello Adam
Thanks for the info... did you consider a ML sub at all, and if so which model and how did it compare to the Def Tech.. I see you have Def Tech surrounds... did you start out with them or find them better than ML's for the back channels.

I used to have a all Definitive Tech system and have slowly started to transition to all Martin Logans. The BP10B's used to be the fronts in my previous system. The sub is also leftover but I do not have any real plans to upgrade it.

Adam

Hey Adam, I went the same way too.

I used to run BP10's and a C1 up front then I went ML with the Aerius i's and put the BP10's in the rear.

The DefTec's were great for HT and now they are in my uncle's HT. :D

Latest posts

Back