Fat Freddy's Drop- Hope

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarMedia

Reaction score
Artist - Fat Freddy's Drop
Album title: Hope
Year of Release - 2003
Record Label -Kartel Creative- Independent CD & Vinyl
Genre - Soul, Jazz, Electronica

This is without a doubt one of the better CD's I own, and I find it simply amazing every time I play it. It honestly makes my ML's sing like no other - the bass is so rich, deep and fluid and mixed with soulful horns that are warm and very Passionate... some songs lasting for 7-10 minutes. These guys are really quite unique & experimental and I don't know if they conform to any genre. One of my favorite songs is called, "Hope" and it's the Giles Peterson version. If you would like to hear this song I am giving a 7-day link to it here: http://download.yousendit.com/AEB066C53190B506

PR Notes: "They dominated the 2005 New Zealand Music Awards, taking awards in every category in which they were nominated: Best Group, Best Album, Best New Zealand Roots Group and the Peoples Choice Award. On December 18, 2005 the group were awarded the Worldwide "Album of the Year Award", as voted for by over 20,000 listeners of Gilles Peterson's BBC Radio 1 'Worldwide' show.
They won three awards at the 2006 New Zealand Music Awards. The People's Choice Award, the Highest Selling NZ Album (for Based On A True Story) and Best Music Video for the single Wandering Eye."

Attachments

• Fat Freddy's Drop.jpg
    Fat Freddy's Drop.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 489
iTunes shows an album called "Hope for a Generation" with the song "Hope" in both original and radio edits (shorter). It also lists the genre as Reggae and a release date in 2004. The cover art also looks slightly different. Perhaps the EU version is different than the US version.

Steve,

There are several variations of the song, "Hope for a gereration." This version happens to be my favorite as it was done with Giles Peterson. It's a UK release. Hope you're able to find it and enjoy it, or any of the other albums out there. If it helps, here's more on the album artwork.

Attachments

• hope.jpg
    hope.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 195
Album reverse side.

Attachments

• R-243479-1107326738.jpg
    R-243479-1107326738.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 200

Latest posts

Back