"MBL Speakers" ~ Hybrids From Another Dimension, A Dimension of Site and Sound...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another shot of the Dual MBL's. People raved about these at CES.

The towers to the left are the subwoofers.

Attachments

• mbl450.jpg
    mbl450.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 2,515
Marvelous MBL Musical System...

:D This MBL system sports 101D's and some wonderful MBL mono-blocks as well... :D

Attachments

• MBL System 2-20-07.jpg
    MBL System 2-20-07.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 3,666
:D This MBL system sports 101D's and some wonderful MBL mono-blocks as well... :D

That entire system is for sale! They are asking $16k obo for the speakers... I thought about them for about 2 seconds before buying the 101a's realizing that I could not REALLY afford even the a's so FOR SURE not the d's! They will be a GREAT BUY for someone with more money than me though!

That entire system is for sale! They are asking $16k obo for the speakers... I thought about them for about 2 seconds before buying the 101a's realizing that I could not REALLY afford even the a's so FOR SURE not the d's! They will be a GREAT BUY for someone with more money than me though!

James,

BTW, congrats on the a's... you lucky son of a beetch! In other news, I just found out that I have a hifi dealer locally who deals with MBLs!!!!

Time to get these ears on them 101D!!!

Joey :rocker: :cheers:

Last edited:
James,

BTW, congrats on the a's... you lucky son of a beetch! In other news, I just found out that I have a hifi dealer locally who deals with MBLs!!!!

Time to get these ears on them 101D!!!

Joey :rocker: :cheers:

Thanks Joey! I look forward to getting them to the house and a/bing them to the Prodigy! They should be very close w/ the Prodigy out basing the MBL's I would guess...

Those D's would be AWEOMSE. Your local dealer might not have D's...they may have the current production E's! I can't imagine there is a HUGE difference other than in the price between those two though!

Let us know what you think when you hear them Joey and you might ask them if they can make me (or you for me) a SWEET deal on either the 8011AM (need two of them) amps or the 9007 amp (two of those needed also)...

Be cool!

http://gon5.audiogon.com/i/c/f/1171740920.jpg
http://gon5.audiogon.com/i/c/f/1171740921.jpg
http://gon5.audiogon.com/i/c/f/1171740922.jpg

Here are the shots again to go w/ this thread incase you are to lazy to click on the link...LOL! :haha1:

Can't wait to get these to the house! :rocker:

Just in case someone looks at this for the first time and has not been keeping up, these are the 101a model that were the beginnings of the 101 line, all MBL gear is made in Germany.

Attachments

• 1171740920.jpg
    1171740920.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,573
  • 1171740921.jpg
    1171740921.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,390
  • 1171740922.jpg
    1171740922.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,847
They're so cute!!!! Give me your address so that I can, um.... hang out? I don't want to steal them or anything.....:devil:

They're so cute!!!! Give me your address so that I can, um.... hang out? I don't want to steal them or anything.....:devil:

James,

You better watch out for BD... just check out his sig.... he's up to no good. If not cheap, he wants it for free.... er, I mean, five finger discount!

Joey :eek:

James,

You better watch out for BD... just check out his sig.... he's up to no good. If not cheap, he wants it for free.... er, I mean, five finger discount!

Joey :eek:

Roger that... BD will have to beat all the high techery and video surveilence at my house first then he will have to get past me holding an H&K MP5SD! :cool:

I am a pretty good shot and the jungle clip I have connects two 40rd mags and the bad boy runs at about 800 round per minute...so BD better be pretty fast too! :D

Lovely and Amazing MBL 101e System...

I simply lovely MBL system is a smallish room but I think it works. I just wish I had the system in my bedroom... :D

*** Special Note: James, please take special note of this lovely MBL 101e system I hope it gives you some more ideas for your once and future MBL 101A's system.... :)

Attachments

• MBL - 101e - System.jpg
    MBL - 101e - System.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 395
I simply lovely MBL system is a smallish room but I think it works. I just wish I had the system in my bedroom... :D

*** Special Note: James, please take special note of this lovely MBL 101e system I hope it gives you some more ideas for your once and future MBL 101A's system.... :)

Just gotta woody and I am not talking about the car either! WOW, I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!

MBL101e's...

Talking about all of these MBL's has anyone heard them before? How do they sound? How different?
rampage60,

Yes, I know Tim (MITT) and Roberto and Dave at the Audio show in Denver CO., this past year. The guys really liked the sound of them quite a bit... The 101e's sounded quite lovely indeed. :D

James,

:drool: You know my offer to pick-up your MBL101A's still stands, as long as I can 'borrow' them on a perminate basis... ;) I just can't stand the thought of them just sitting in your friends office - not plugged into anything powerful with lots of juice... :D

James,

:drool: You know my offer to pick-up your MBL101A's still stands, as long as I can 'borrow' them on a perminate basis... ;) I just can't stand the thought of them just sitting in your friends office - not plugged into anything powerful with lots of juice... :D

Yea, and I just got off the phone with him a few minutes ago. He is leaving to go out of town w/ his family on Saturday and won't be back till Sunday a week later! DAMN! It looks like our first good weather break was going to be on Sunday and into next week too! So it will be two more weeks till I can get out there and pick them up! DANG IT! I am SOOOO looking forward to hooking those bad boys up to some Rotel juice! At 700 wpc into 4 ohms, they should have the power to make these bad boys move pretty good! I would ultimately like to pair them w/ some MBL mono's (8011AM's) but that will have to wait for some time... Unless I win the lottery or something! :rocker:

Talking about all of these MBL's has anyone heard them before? How do they sound? How different?

There are a couple of folks who have heard these at some of the various high end audio festivals like in CO, and over seas I think, maybe someone in NY heard them too. I can't remember.

I heard the 101E and the double stack pair with the sub towers at CES. Day one they sounded so so. Day two after MBL tinkered all night was the closest thing to live music I have ever heard. Just astonishing!

We also have a dealer in PHX that sells MBL and he has them on display. They sound really good in his store as well. These speakers are very live sounding. The music reproduction is amazing!

Phoenix is the USA's Main Import-Distributor Of MBL's...

I heard the 101E and the double stack pair with the sub towers at CES. Day one they sounded so so. Day two after MBL tinkered all night was the closest thing to live music I have ever heard. Just astonishing!

We also have a dealer in PHX that sells MBL and he has them on display. They sound really good in his store as well. These speakers are very live sounding. The music reproduction is amazing!
Diamonds,

Your dealer in Phoenix is the official MBL distributor for America.

Damn, I wish I owned James' 101A's... I mean, I wish I had the cash, I'd go to Phoenix is a heart beat. Heck, I'd even go to Germany to MBL's main plant, to acquire some MBL101e's, and I hate to fly... :D

James,

Maybe, I could visit your 101A's, we could work out a joint custity arrangement... You could fly me to Texas every other weekend.
Or if your 101A's reproduce, I could have pick of the letter... :D

:D Only kidding...

Latest posts

Back