New Martin Logan fan

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

blaffler

I am thinking about getting the Vantage system front speakers and the center channel theatre speaker and with the subwoofer they are recommending.

Can anyone tell me what your thoughts are on these speakers and haow they sound?

Are these the best ones to get at the most reasonable cost??

I think yes, they are fantastic speakers, that are a much greater "value" than the Summits. The Vistas are also a good choice, but I think the relatively small difference in price makes the advantages of the Vantages worth it.

I'm more of a 2ch guy than HT, so the center and sub aren't as important to me right now, but the Theater i (should be discounted, since it's been replaced by the Stage) and either depth or descent subs would do very nicely.

Have you had a chance to listen to them yet with HT? I personally love MLs for HT and most music, but find they don't fit my preference with certain music types. You certainly want to try to audition them for yourself with some material you know, if that's at all possible.

IWalker,

In your opinion, what kind of music do ML not do well with?

blaffler-
I have a complete ML HT. I, like IWalker am much more of a 2ch guy. BUT ML properly setup for HT is great. Nothing like IMO. As far as Vantages I would agree. The 5k difference is hard to swallow. I must say that any ML is just very "easy" on my ears. It is either a sound you love or hate. Good Luck!

I am in NC (outside Charlotte) where in SC are you?

Last edited:
Vantage was the speaker I had in mind when bringing in some content into the local ML retailer... I made the 'mistake' of asking to hear the same content on the Summits... DOH

You can argue the sound advantage the summits had over the vantage isn't worth 2x... but I won't agree :D If your price range is set in the vantage range... you are getting a GREAT speaker you'll enjoy for years.

Vantage was the speaker I had in mind when bringing in some content into the local ML retailer... I made the 'mistake' of asking to hear the same content on the Summits... DOH

You can argue the sound advantage the summits had over the vantage isn't worth 2x... but I won't agree :D If your price range is set in the vantage range... you are getting a GREAT speaker you'll enjoy for years.

I made the same mistake....:( .

Back