System #154 (Summit, Cinema i, Fresco, Depth)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliveatfive

Reaction score
Seth Baskin here in The Big Apple.
OK – Here it is –finally: Pictures of my system. The oldest piece here is the preamp which was acquired in 2002. The newest pieces are the stereo amp and phono pre (2006); and the Summits (2005.) The other Logans were bought in 2004. Obviously, with such new stuff I’m not going to try and modify them. I’ll enumerate based on location and function.

Basic stereo:

Rack 1 –
Turntable: SME model 10; arm – SME V; cartridge - Shelter 90x
Preamp: Balanced Audio Technology VK51se
Phono pre: Audio Research Corporation PH7
Cassette: HarmonKardon nondescript
Laser Disc Player: Pioneer

Rack 2 –
Record Cleaner: VPI HW 17F
Tuner: Magnum Dynalab MD6 (with MD antenna amplifier above)
Power Conditioning: Monster Power AVS 2000 (voltage stabilizer); Monster Power HTS 5000

Stand Alone –

Speakers: MartinLogan Summit
Stereo Amplifier: Audio Research REF110

Multichannel:

Rack 3 –

Center Channel Speaker: ML Cinema i
Preprocessor: Rotel 1068
HiDef Cable Box: Pioneer
Multiformat Disc Player: Esoteric DV50s

Stand Alone –

Amplifier for center and rear channels: Bryston 9b sst
Plasma Flat Screen: Sony KDE42xbr950 (back when Sony made plasmas)

Not seen:

Surround Speakers: ML Fresco
Subwoofer: ML Depth

After some 35 years in this hobby, I’m finally at the point at which I can listen to this stuff most of the time without cringing. (Is that a word?)

Attachments

• 100_0002 2.jpg
    100_0002 2.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,059
  • 100_0004 2.jpg
    100_0004 2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,186
Aliveatfive,

Looking good! I can tell you are having a GOOD TIME w/ this stuff! I have always been a Hi-Fi fan too, but have either not had time or not had money. I have kind of been one to buy something good and forget about it for awhile. I might have to stay and play a little more this time!

This is a great time for all Audio and Video Philes as there are more excellent affordable products than EVER! This is really true across the board. Cars are better and there are more fun cars out there, guitars and other musical instruments are better and more affordable and there are more out there than ever!

It is a great time to be alive and playing!

All the best!

Wonderful Summit System...

Seth,

Wow Dude! Your System Rocks!!! :D
Have I seen your system somewhere before...??? In my travels looking for all Martin Logan Super Systems....??? I can't place where I seen photo's of your system? Have you ever posted these photo's or similar photo's anywhere on the Internet before? Maybe I just saw a similar system that looked something like yours... Oh well... Did I ask you about those wooden blocks before on top of your BAT and amp before? if I did..., please remind me why you have those again? Is it a vibration tweak? :confused:

I love your set-up... Your TT and BAT gear look awesome. :D I am glad your system now resides here with all of the rest of our ML systems. I think I speak for everyone here in saying, We are honored to have you in the members system section finally... :D

Seth,

Very nice system.:cheers: ..looks like you change out your components quite a bit, judging by the wires strung about. How do you like your BAT equipment?

I agree with Robin, what are the purposes of the two blocks?

Dan:rocker:

Seth,

Wow Dude! Your System Rocks!!! :D
Have I seen your system somewhere before...??? In my travels looking for all Martin Logan Super Systems....??? I can't place where I seen photo's of your system? Have you ever posted these photo's or similar photo's anywhere on the Internet before? Maybe I just saw a similar system that looked something like yours... Oh well... Did I ask you about those wooden blocks before on top of your BAT and amp before? if I did..., please remind me why you have those again? Is it a vibration tweak? :confused:

I love your set-up... Your TT and BAT gear look awesome. :D I am glad your system now resides here with all of the rest of our ML systems. I think I speak for everyone here in saying, We are honored to have you in the members system section finally... :D

Robin -

Years ago, when I bought my first VPI tt (an HW19/2), several of the "underground" hifi magazines of the time were very concerned with vibration control. Harry Weisfeld, the owner of VPI, was supposed to be an engineer in the air/space industry. He designed his audio products around ideas that he used in his former position. The VPI "blocks" were supposed to control spurious resonances in audio equipment. They seemed to work for me years ago, so why mess with success. BTW, I still have a lot of that early equipment in a second, small, living-room system. Long ago, the VPI tt was upgraded to mk. 4 status, and it has never worked less than perfectly, even after 30 years!

Aliveatfive,

Looking good! I can tell you are having a GOOD TIME w/ this stuff! I have always been a Hi-Fi fan too, but have either not had time or not had money. I have kind of been one to buy something good and forget about it for awhile. I might have to stay and play a little more this time!

This is a great time for all Audio and Video Philes as there are more excellent affordable products than EVER! This is really true across the board. Cars are better and there are more fun cars out there, guitars and other musical instruments are better and more affordable and there are more out there than ever!

It is a great time to be alive and playing!

All the best!

When my aunt passed away, she left me a 1904 vintage Martin (obviously acoustic.) That guitar is a blast to play, only I'm afraid about using it too much, as I'm worried about damaging it. (Also have Gibson L4, son has an American Strat and an Ibanez 12 string which I also use on occasion.)

When my aunt passed away, she left me a 1904 vintage Martin (obviously acoustic.) That guitar is a blast to play, only I'm afraid about using it too much, as I'm worried about damaging it. (Also have Gibson L4, son has an American Strat and an Ibanez 12 string which I also use on occasion.)

You might want to look those up in one of the Guitar Blue Books to see if you should play them AT ALL! There are TONS of nice acoustic guitars out there in the $3k range and that might preserve more value in the other guitars... You might find the Martin is so valuable that it will allow you to build that ML theater and super sytem with E2's! You never know...some of these guitars have become OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive! There are Les Paul's that are close to $100k!

Hello Seth, I'm assuming the synergy between the Ref 7 phono pre and you Bat pre-amp is excellent ?? !! Also, you've got plenty of hours on your ARC Ref110 by now, what are your thoughts ???

Hello Seth, I'm assuming the synergy between the Ref 7 phono pre and you Bat pre-amp is excellent ?? !! Also, you've got plenty of hours on your ARC Ref110 by now, what are your thoughts ???

Dave,

The Ref is far ahead of any power amp that I've ever owned. I'll post a full review soon. Ditto for the PH7.

Back