a change from ml.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.N.

Reaction score
hi guys, just thought i'd let you all know, i decided to have a change from my logans for a while. i've enjoyed the sound immensley, but wanted a change, so bought some audio physics. wonderful speakers, and upto now, does everything the ml's do :rocker: i will return, prob in the form of summits at a later date, but for now, i'm enjoying the physics.
hope you've all had a very merry xmas, and have a cracking new year.:cheers:
A.N.

Congratulations on your new purchase and hope they bring you plenty of enjoyment. Keep coming back to the forum since your input is appreciated. And don't assume that the Summits are your only ML alternative. The new CLS replacement is coming out next year and it should be a beaut!:rocker:

There are other good speakers out there. I'd like to try a pair of highly efficient Avantgarde Duo Horns with a low wattage SET amp some day. However, it would take some getting used to the look of the entire Brass Section hanging out in my living room. I have no desire to part with my Summits though.

I'm willing to bet you'll come back to MLs again. Enjoy your Audio Physics and be sure to visit us from time to time.

Attachments

• Duo.jpg
    Duo.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,365
hi guys, just thought i'd let you all know, i decided to have a change from my logans for a while. i've enjoyed the sound immensley, but wanted a change, so bought some audio physics. wonderful speakers, and upto now, does everything the ml's do :rocker: i will return, prob in the form of summits at a later date, but for now, i'm enjoying the physics.
hope you've all had a very merry xmas, and have a cracking new year.:cheers:
A.N.

Hola...I wish you a very happy listening...once you have the ML bug, it is very difficult to forget it!...thanks for your sharings, and please tell us about your new sound!...again, happy listening,
Roberto.

I have no desire to part with my Summits though.

I'm willing to bet you'll come back to MLs again. Enjoy your Audio Physics and be sure to visit us from time to time.

Ohhh... that I can agree with for sure! The ML Summits have quenched whatever speaker upgraditis I have. It's been 10 months and I have absolutely ZERO desire to get any other speaker... and that's a feat in it of itself!!

Regarding the AP, those are great speakers, I have heard several models and they are great sounding! In fact, I preferred the Tempo III to the VS VR4jr.

Joey

very cool looking speaker. Keep us posted on your impressions. ;)

cheers guys, i did buy the tempo3 jubilee. a very ltd run of 125 pairs. different tweeter/bass/mid units and crossover to the normal tempo3.

see:-
http://www.users.bigpond.com/extended/EAS/tempole/index.htm

OOoooh... very very cool! I see they replaced the tweeter with a Vifa ring radiatior and the woofers look different! I bet this version sounds better than the Tempo III regular that I heard.

Great choice! How much was the damage to the wallet?

Joey

they retail at £2700, so with the convert to dollars, about $5400. worth every last penny (or dime!) they sound superb. :rocker: :musicnote:

hi all again :band:
just a quick pop in to tell you how i'm getting on with the audio physics in my system. i ended up changing the amps, dacs, and a few other bits too, but kept the lp12 and meridian transport. all is very well here, and the system is sounding sublime. i
i will return to m/l's again one day, but for the moment, the AP's are staying for the time being!
system as is now:-

Tube Technology Unisis.
Meridian 200 Transport
Linn LP12,Ittok, Heed Orbit1
Audio synthesis Ultra DSM dac/power supply
Monarchy Audio DIP
Audio Physic Tempo Jubilee
DNM Reson cables.

Attachments

• system 012.jpg
    system 012.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 1,541
  • system 010.jpg
    system 010.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,761
  • system 009.jpg
    system 009.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,345
AP owner myself

I´m also a owner of Audio Physic, but the Tempo 5.
I´m planing a serious demo of the ML Vistas at my home next week.

Which ML model did you go from to the Tempo´s?

hi,
didnt know they did a tempo 5, thought the latest was the 4?
i went from the aerius to the tempo.

Thanks for the link! How do they attach to the bottom of the components? The cone shown does not look like yours.

Last edited:
the cones flat surface is backed with a 3m type tape. just peel it off, and stick it on the underside of the components
:)

very nice!
they look the same as the tempo 4. same cabinet, tweeter and mid. nice speakers :)

Yes I realy like them, It will be interesting to hear the Vistas and
compare them....

The Luna sub on the pic is just a loan, I use a REL Stampede with
my Tempo´s and it works great.

be in for a shock, the tempo's are imo, a much better speaker in all areas than the vista.
if i had the money, i would opt for the kronos, superb, and again imo, the best speaker on the planet!
still hanker after some summits tho! :)

Latest posts

Back