Bob Dylan ~ No Direction Home

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Title: Bob Dylan ~ No Direction Home
Year of Release: September 2005
Film Studio: Paramount
Genre: Documentary Music

A truly fascinating story of the early days of Bob Dylan. From his growing-up in Hibbing, Minnesota to becoming a famous musical composer / performer. It was very interesting who Dylan's influences were, like Woody Guthrie, Pete Seeger and Johnny Cash. How Robert Allen Zimmerman became Bob Dylan. His first breaks in the music business. His early experimental days in New York's, Greenwich Village coffee shops, to his first concerts at the Newport Folk Festival. I enjoyed just visualizing how Dylan would compose songs anywhere really, though mostly at his simple typewriter. It was amazing to look at his early concerts when he started evolving and changing from a folk to a Rockn' Roll artist as well. Marvelous footage of those early 1966-67 concerts in Europe and USA of the crowd booing, they just could not except the change in Bob Dylan's music style and the audience was expressing it directly.

This film in the hands of the brilliant Martin Scorsese was crafted with loving care. The editing and the flow of - No Direction Home is spot-on. Scorsese even narrates, by reading part of Dylan's poetry, at on point during the film. Scorsese is just outstanding in how he cuts to the exact perfect interviews of Bob Dylan's friends or ex-friends or follow performers or ex-lovers and then to the perfect concert archive footage. Some of the older concert footage was taken from D. A. Pennebaker's film 'Don't Look Back' excellent film footage of the early Bob Dylan concert tour.

This musical documentary presented over two DVD's is outstanding. I was very impressed by the concerts, information and the focus on Bob Dylan's life and early music. The musical documentary concludes at around 1967 but that was fine with me. I wanted to know how it all began and be entertained by Bob Dylan and this film gave me that many times over. I just loved all of the interviews especially Joan Baez, Suze Rotolo, Liam Clancy, Pete Seeger and last but not least Bob Dylan himself. :D An early look at - The Band of "Last Waltz" Robbie Robertson etc., fame.

This musical documentary film was wonderfully presented in sonic nirvana via my dear ML friends ~ Ascent i, Theater i, Descent and Script i... I simply loved hearing these marvelous Bob Dylan classics played over my ML ~ HT system. :D

I highly recommend ~ Bob Dylan - No Direction Home. :D

:D HT relaxed comfortably surrounded in ML bliss, until next time let the music turn you on...

Attachments

• Bob Dylan - No Direction Home.jpg
    Bob Dylan - No Direction Home.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back