Our "other" Hobbies

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In all of motorsports I don't think there is anything like the sonic feeling you get when two fuel cars leave the line !! Not to mention the smell of Nitro in the air ......ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

I have not been, but a good friend of mine goes to the race down in Houston most of the last 6 years and he says the same thing about it. Says it is an UNREAL experience that you just can't even imagine!

Big Time Hp !!!!

Jim, being a motorhead you have to experience this, I love to watch the expressions on "first timers" faces as a pair of these babies leaves the line !

Years ago I got my boys down next to the starting line at Englistown,NJ as Gary Selzi and Larry Dixon faced off, my sons literally came off the ground !!

Pic below is of the "Shoe" Tony Schumacker reigning Top Fuel champ

Attachments

• phxsatshoe.jpg
    phxsatshoe.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 151
My friends and I go to the summer nationals in Indy every year. Till you hear nitro methane or top fuel you have not seen or heard anything. It is unreal. You can see and feel the pressure wave form the tires. The car hooks up then 1 tenth of a second later it is in your chest. Just amazing!!!!

I've been the the Checker Nationals here in Phoenix a few times.... it's a little expensive for tickets but worth it ;)

I live about 15 minutes from Englishtown. On a calm summer evening you can hear the cars scream down the track from our home. When we first moved to the area we were like "WTH is that noise????". Almost dont pay it any attention anymore...

T-

TJ, Raceway Park is 'Quiet' compared to most because other than the Nat'ls that are held there each year they have a noice ordanace which requires mufflers !!

Pic below was of me and the boys up in Maine (Moosehead Lake area), Jackman to be exact, Trains and sleds , love it !!

Were heading up there tomorrow for a week of sleding, pray for more snow !!!!

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back