lala.com

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IWalker

Reaction score
Anybody heard of lala.com before? I just joined at the suggestion of a couple of my friends at work...it's a CD trading service. It costs $1 + $.75 in shipping for each CD you recieve...and sending them to others is free. I've got a bunch of stuff from Chesky and Mobile Fidelity coming that I really wanted to try, but didn't really want to pay $10-$15 + shipping for. You're trading the actual CD, so there isn't any questionable copyright issue that I can think of. Take a look, I think a lot of you may find this interesting, especially if you have a lot of old cds that you never listen to anymore. As long as you send as many as you receive, it's only $1.75 per.

You can either add all your CDs, and then select "keep" next to them so that people can't request them from you (you are never forced to send anything if you don't want to) or you can just add the cds that you want to get rid of (that's what I did) My account name is IWalker...if you want to logon and see my want or have list.

I'm in no way affiliated with the site...just have gotten a tad addicted to it lately, so thought you guys might enjoy it too! Let me know if you do!!!

There is only one problem for me....I want more than (0) I want to give. So then what? IWalker, I have some than you want. I can do the same as the last one....

I haven't done a CBA, but you could probably sign up for BMG, order a bunch of very cheap popular cds, and then trade them. Total cost might still be much lower than buying all the cds you want new. I'll look into running that analysis this weekend.

If you're passionate about your collection, and don't want to get rid of any of them, then this place doesn't work out too well. But, take a look on line to see if there are any particular ones you are interested in, and I'll add em to my list.

Is noone else interested in this? It's a very cool site.

This would be an ideal way to copy CDs... join lala.com and all the CDs you get to listen to you can just copy if you like them.

I'm surprised the RIAA hasn't cracked down on this.

well, you're selling the actual CD. Shouldn't be anything wrong with that. There are CD exchange stores all over the place. If you make copies of your own cds and then exchange them, well...then you're in the wrong and they could crack down if they had the capability to. That'd be a pretty major step to try to crack down on this, I think, when you're actually transferring the ownership of the "legal" copy to someone else.

I have 6 on the way, and only a few more I'd want to exchange, so as long as nothing happens before that...I won't be heartbroken. I still think it's a great model and a great website! I'd be very interested to hear more regarding your view on this tom (and others)

yeah, sorry amey, I think the shipping costs make it prohibitive.

If you had a friend stateside that you wanted to send 50cds to (that you wanted to get rid of) and then use them as your broker...and then have them ship to you after you get 5 or 10 cds...that could work. Not sure how worthwhile it would be after the fact...but it might still be good.

Latest posts

Back