Jack Johnson: On and On

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruppy

Reaction score
Artist: Jack Johnson
Title: On and On
Year: April, 2003
Label: Universal
Genre: Pop, Folk, Acoustic

I discoverd Jack Johnson a couple of years ago as he was getting popular with the 20 something crowd (although I'm a bit far from my 20's). I have both of his recordings and On and On is just an extremely well recorded cd (unfortunately I have a lot of crappy sounding CDs). It makes my SL3's sound just plain increadible. It's a mix of acoustic pop and folk with a bit of bluesy electric guitar thrown in from time to time. It's very laid back music mixed with a bit of social commentary (mainly kill your TV kind of stuff). I find myself listening to this disk over and over without getting tired of it.

Attachments

• Jack Johson.jpg
    Jack Johson.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 369
Your right Kruppy, this is a great album. Like you said I would also recommend his other album "Brushfire Fairytales"

Also for those interested, both of his albums are also available on LP.

Add one more to the list -- In Between Dreams is a FANTASTIC recording - and personally, I like the music better than the other two albums. I would highly recommend this album to anyone with Logans. I have Odysseys/ my brother has Ascents - we both think it just sounds fantastic on the MLs...

I like JJ too, when I building my house it was really all I listened to. Plugged in my portable radio and got to work. Everyone that came by while I was working liked it too. I forget which album it is but the first track or two do drive me nuts with the logans. The vocals arent centered, they are to the far right. Aside from that you really cant go wrong with him. Its right up there with DMB Live at Red Rocks, another personal favorite.

I have what I believe is Jack Johnson's latest - Thicker than Water. It's actually a compilation, with several JJ songs, a duet with JJ and G. Love, and some other very eclectic stuff. Some songs I find fantastic, some not my cup of tea, but most are well recorded.
If you consider yourself someone who enjoys different types of music and you like Jack Johnson, it may be worth checking out.
Jack Johnson
G. Love and JJ
Finley Quaye
G. Love and Special Sauce
The Voyces
Natural Calamity
Kalyanji, Anandji
The Meters
Smoke City
Todd Hannigan
Harpers Bizarre

I have what I believe is Jack Johnson's latest - Thicker than Water. It's actually a compilation, with several JJ songs, a duet with JJ and G. Love, and some other very eclectic stuff. Some songs I find fantastic, some not my cup of tea, but most are well recorded.
If you consider yourself someone who enjoys different types of music and you like Jack Johnson, it may be worth checking out.
Jack Johnson
G. Love and JJ
Finley Quaye
G. Love and Special Sauce
The Voyces
Natural Calamity
Kalyanji, Anandji
The Meters
Smoke City
Todd Hannigan
Harpers Bizarre

I also have Thicker Than Water and feel the same as you do, some good songs and some just not my thang...

Another to add to your list is Matt Costa. He has recorded with Jack.

I'm going to keep this in mind and I'm going to look for JJ when I start shopping for vinyl soon. I know he had one song in the Curious George ST (yes, sad I know :( ) that I liked mostly because it was very well recorded IMO. I will keep an eye out for this guy.

Thanks fellas.

Joey

I also have Thicker Than Water and feel the same as you do, some good songs and some just not my thang...

Another to add to your list is Matt Costa. He has recorded with Jack.

Another one cd of similar style is Donovan Frankenreiter. His first disc is self titled and the second is called Move by Yourself. I like the first disc a lot but have not had much time to listen to the second disc yet. The first is definitely worth checking out though.

Latest posts

Back