Gingko Audio-Mini Clouds-make your own ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
To the "tweekers" out there thinking of isolation systems for your turntables, etc., have you looked at Gingko Audio Mini Cloud Isolation system ?? I was thinking one could make their own by using the following inexspensive pieces:

1) Racquet balls
2) Saucer dishes, or anything elese with a con-cave center
3) stick on rubber feet for the saucer dish

Considering what Gingko wants for their set -up I figure this would work just as good and the saved money could buy more vinyl !!

Last edited:
3 tennis balls and 3 ash trays or candle holders ?

possible, but I swear the Gingko balls might just be Racquet balls themselves, besides I think they may offer a bit more compression / dampening than a tennis ball.

possible, but I swear the Gingko balls might just be Racquet balls themselves, besides I think they may offer a bit more compression / dampening than a tennis ball.

Dave, I talked to the guy himself at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest and he SWEARS that they aren't standard raquetballs - they are a "special" durometer specific to the Ginko line.

Hmmm... they sure look like raquetballs, they even feel like raquetballs. What's that saying; if it walks like a duck.....

tell me the durometer of them and I will find out....I own a durometer...

tell me the durometer of them and I will find out....I own a durometer...

Well that's the question isn't it. The guy who owns Ginko isn't saying what the durometer is, only that it is special for their purpose. That is to say, it's his trade secret and he isn't going to tell anyone. He also said that the wall thickness is different too, but again, short of buying a sample and reverse engineering it, who knows?:confused:

That is to say, it's his trade secret and he isn't going to tell anyone.

The trade secret is that they are racquet balls. I would keep that a secret too.

I've also seen such balls sold as an anti-stress "device". When it looks like the only option you've got is to to kick your boss' ass, you get 2 of these in your hands and start squeezing them. After 10 minutes or so you feel better.

Hi,

I'm surprised at you doubters! These devices are clearly a masterpiece of applied engineering. Each "ball" is precisely tuned in order to eliminate all resonances and to radically improve the imaging, spatial coherence, continuousness, viscousity, truth of timbre and sheer musicmakingness of your prized components! There's even a white paper! And measurements! Besides, if you think one of these will improve the sound, try thirty of 'em, since there are clear benefits to be had by multi-islolating your components, cables, and even the individual notes the musicians play. And then you can try our new ICs and speaker cables, in which each electron is assigned a particular path in order to recreate fully the original performance. And then... And then...

These may well work. But as a raquetball player...

best,

k

Back