AVrev.com reviews the Summit.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverb2009

Reaction score
Here is Audio Revolutions review of the Martin Logan Summit.

http://www.avrev.com/equip/martinlogan_summit/index.html

avrev.com said:
The Summit is a very attractive-looking speaker, much more so than its predecessors. In fact, this is one of the few speakers that have received welcoming responses from both the women and the men that have seen it. Usually, most women who see larger speakers roll their eyes and start making comments about “those cute Bose speakers” - not so when they see the Summits. The fact that the MartinLogan Summits are visually transparent yet sleek in design gets you significantly better wife acceptance for those who need this before bringing home a new pair of high-end speakers. I have had my earlier MartinLogans for many years and hadn’t thought about replacing them until the Summits came along. The Summits represent a major technological and visual step forward for MartinLogan, besting all of their previous designs in every way. And, to be completely honest, I am not even asking my wife – I am buying these speakers. MartinLogan can’t have them back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Superb!!

It's always nice to know that someone else out there likes the same speaker I own. What he says is all true.. a truly spectacular speaker in everyway possible! I am very glad to have been able to own these Summits and considering I'm so prone to the upgrade bug and I have kept these for over 7 months now without a need or itch to upgrade is a true testament to the longevity and performance of the Summit, atleast in my eyes.

Good ol' Summits...

Thanks for the link, Joe! :cheers:

Joey

I read this review a few days ago. It's fair and accurate. I've had my Summits for around 3 months now. My original impression has changed somewhat. Now that they have a few hours up, the bass has developed remarkable extension. I was watching Star Wars II last night. The low frequencies in the opening scenes were stupendous. Who needs a separate subwoofer? Not me...

I read this review a few days ago. It's fair and accurate. I've had my Summits for around 3 months now. My original impression has changed somewhat. Now that they have a few hours up, the bass has developed remarkable extension. I was watching Star Wars II last night. The low frequencies in the opening scenes were stupendous. Who needs a separate subwoofer? Not me...

I am still planning on getting a pair of summits and having a subwoofer with them but only for the .1 channel in a HT setup. The bass of the summits can definitely stand on it's own without a sub.

Superb!!

I'm so prone to the upgrade bug and I have kept these for over 7 months now without a need or itch to upgrade is a true testament to the longevity and performance Joey

hey "Kiddo", For most it's the seven year itch, for you it's seven months !

I wonder....does your girlfriend get nervous ?? Have you two been together for seven months yet ???

Good luck with the new toy today !!

Excellent!

Joe,

Thanks for posting this review. The Summits are finally getting more recognition, which is good to see. :)

Back