Neil Young / Prairie Wind

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Artist / Title: Neil Young / Prairie Wind
Year of Release: 2005
Record Label: Reprise / Wea
Genre: Rock

Prairie Wind is satisfying and just wonderful to listen to. Neil Young has created a fantastic sounding theme in Prairie Wind. :D The CD appeals to me on several different levels mostly because the song have so much meaning behind them. Well, let me go down the list of song tracks:

1). Painter - A thoughtfully presented genuine ballad. Amazing..
2). No Wonder - A song loving created after 911. Glorious...
3). Falling Off the Face of the Earth - Bluesy and melodic
4). Far From Home - Beautiful. My Favorite Song on this CD.
5). It's A Dream - This song reminds me of the great Philadelphia song Neil composed. This one is timeless and beautifully sung. :D
6). Prairie Wind - The title cut a marvelous country-rock type of song with heart and feeling feeling and family.
7). Here For You - For Mr. Young's 21 year old daughter going off to college and leaving home.
8). This Old Guitar - About the great Hank Williams and his guitar. One of my favorite songs on this CD.
9). He Was The King - A tribute to Elvis. So much heart and soul in this tune.
10). When God Made Me - Almost like a song sung in church but far more personal than just a gospel song with much more meaning imparted by Mr. Young.

The beautifully inspired, Jonathan Demme documentary film is a wonderful companion to this brilliant musical CD. :D Please see my review of "Neil Young - Heart Of Gold" in the DVD recommendation section of the ML Club.

I enjoyed this musical treasure and highly recommend it. :D

Attachments

• Neil Young - Prairie Wind.jpg
    Neil Young - Prairie Wind.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 2,590
Last edited:
Can't wait

:music:This is one of the cd's I use at Tweeter to demo for customers. And I can't wait to get bring this disc home to test my new MLs at home. The painter has always blown me away.

Can't wait, I'm geeking out right now.

Latest posts

Back