Neil Young / Prairie Wind

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
Artist / Title: Neil Young / Prairie Wind
Year of Release: 2005
Record Label: Reprise / Wea
Genre: Rock

Prairie Wind is satisfying and just wonderful to listen to. Neil Young has created a fantastic sounding theme in Prairie Wind. :D The CD appeals to me on several different levels mostly because the song have so much meaning behind them. Well, let me go down the list of song tracks:

1). Painter - A thoughtfully presented genuine ballad. Amazing..
2). No Wonder - A song loving created after 911. Glorious...
3). Falling Off the Face of the Earth - Bluesy and melodic
4). Far From Home - Beautiful. My Favorite Song on this CD.
5). It's A Dream - This song reminds me of the great Philadelphia song Neil composed. This one is timeless and beautifully sung. :D
6). Prairie Wind - The title cut a marvelous country-rock type of song with heart and feeling feeling and family.
7). Here For You - For Mr. Young's 21 year old daughter going off to college and leaving home.
8). This Old Guitar - About the great Hank Williams and his guitar. One of my favorite songs on this CD.
9). He Was The King - A tribute to Elvis. So much heart and soul in this tune.
10). When God Made Me - Almost like a song sung in church but far more personal than just a gospel song with much more meaning imparted by Mr. Young.

The beautifully inspired, Jonathan Demme documentary film is a wonderful companion to this brilliant musical CD. :D Please see my review of "Neil Young - Heart Of Gold" in the DVD recommendation section of the ML Club.

I enjoyed this musical treasure and highly recommend it. :D

Attachments

• Neil Young - Prairie Wind.jpg
    Neil Young - Prairie Wind.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 2,591
Last edited:
Can't wait

:music:This is one of the cd's I use at Tweeter to demo for customers. And I can't wait to get bring this disc home to test my new MLs at home. The painter has always blown me away.

Can't wait, I'm geeking out right now.

Back