Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff Buckley~Graace

theWB, agree with Robin, excellent choice. This is a true desert island disc. I'd been planning to review it for our Recommended Recording section. Undoubtedly a watershed recording in my book. An amazing talent who's life was cut tragically short.

"Grace" was his only real studio album. "Ballads for my Sweetheart the Drunk" was cobbled together from stuff he was planning to put on a new album, but it wasn"t pulled together until after his death. "Live at Sin E" is a wonderful portrait of an emerging talent, but "Grace" is a definitive statement. Who knows what he may have done had he not gone swimming in the muddy Mississippi one summer afternoon.

I'd recommend this album to anyone. If it doesn't touch you or move you, you may as well cancel your subscription to life!

Posting Photo's....

For me it is the Beatles White album, on MFSL vinyl! OK Robin how bout a tutorial on how to post pics-you seem to have this down pat!
tonyc,

I love the Beatles ~ White album as well. :D I just wish, I still had it as an LP. :eek: Currently, I have the CD but I used to have the LP... Oh well, that's another a sad story... :(

:D OK... Let me see now... I'll list the process in steps, it makes it easier for me to explain:

1). Find the photo you want, say Amazon.com, then left click on the photo and then save it to your "My Pictures" on your computer.
2). Go to ML Club and your new post page, scroll down below the message section to the, "Additional Options" section and click on 'Manage Attachments" button. Then click on "Browse" button at the top, of the new screen.
3). It should take you right to your, "My Pictures" section of your computer.
4). Then scroll down and find the photo, which you had just saved a few minutes before at the Amazon.com website. Then double, right click on the photo and your photo will be immediately transferred to the ML - "Manage Attachments" screen.
5). Next, on the ML - "Manage Attachments" screen you click on the "Up Load" button. Hopefully, if your successful, you'll see recognition of this as you will see your photo file has been up-loaded, a line listing your photo will have been added, just below... If you have not be successful then you'll see at the top a...
*** Please note*** massage...: If your photo is too big it will not get transferred and you'll see a note to this effect - stating why at the top of the "Manage Attachments" screen.
6). Successful or not you close this screen and go on...

If your photo is too big and you really want it, you'll need to re-size it... I opened-up a PhotoBlucket.com account for just this purpose. Photo bucket is a free website, which helps you re-size website or digital photos. Here is just how to do this after you have set-up a Photo Bucket account for yourself:

1). Click on your Photo Bucket account's "Browse" button. It will take you to your "My Pictures" section.
2). Then double, right click on your Amazon.com photo, which you saved to your "My Pictures" section of your computer and your photo will be up-loaded to your Photo Bucket account's saved pictures.
3). At your Photo Bucket account, click on the "Up-Load" button and your photo will be transferred to your Photo Bucket account.
4). Scroll down on to your Photo Bucket saved photos and click on the newly save photo.
5). At the new screen you'll want to choose / click-on the "Re-size" button. You will immediately see a list of photo sizes to choose from. Click on the size you want and your photo will be re-sized, permanently (their is no going back).
6). Now you can either save the newly re-sized photo to your "My Pictures" by left clicking on the photo or you can just click on the - URL line - to the right of you photo. Your photo will be instantly URL copied.
7). There is a URL line option on the ML - "Manage Attachments" section. You would then just go back to the Ml - "Manage Attachments" section and right click on the - URL line.
8). Now left click to "Paste" your URL photo information from the Photo Bucket website to the ML - "Manage Attachments" URL line.
9). Next you click on the "Up-Load" button to the right of the URL line and you should be successful...

HTH

Attachments

• Pay Attention.jpg
    Pay Attention.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 151
theWB, agree with Robin, excellent choice. This is a true desert island disc. I'd been planning to review it for our Recommended Recording section. Undoubtedly a watershed recording in my book. An amazing talent who's life was cut tragically short.

"Grace" was his only real studio album. "Ballads for my Sweetheart the Drunk" was cobbled together from stuff he was planning to put on a new album, but it wasn"t pulled together until after his death. "Live at Sin E" is a wonderful portrait of an emerging talent, but "Grace" is a definitive statement. Who knows what he may have done had he not gone swimming in the muddy Mississippi one summer afternoon.

I'd recommend this album to anyone. If it doesn't touch you or move you, you may as well cancel your subscription to life!

Tim,
I too someday was planning to review it in our recommended recording section, But have never gotten around to it. Jeff's version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" is my favorite version. The feeling and emotion in "Lilac Wine" move me everytime I listen. Without a doubt this is one of my most listened to albums in my collection. Last summer while painting my garage I listened to the disc over and over again without changing discs,Probably 5 or 6 times in a row without ever tiring of it. Jeff's vocal range is amazing, we definatly lost a major talent.:sad:

Thanks Robin-this looks like one of those "rest of the day " projects. I also found the Jeff Buckley CD in my collection. No telling how long I've had it, I don't even rember hearing it before! But it is great, and the WB has great taste in music.

As for me, no Sunday morning music as I am at the hospital on call.... arggg!!! :( :mad:

Glad the rest of you guys are having fun with your Logans... :p .

Joey

Mozart "Oboenspitze" on Caro Mitis SACD and RCA Living Stereo SACD Scheherezade/Song of the Nightingale.

Joey,

I work on Sundays too unless I fake an illness. I am hoping to get one for next Sunday. :D

Jeff
Jeff,
You can always go to your local audio store and audtiton your dream pair of speakers or amp next Saturday evening and call in sick with a Deadly case of Joeyitis. technically you wouldn't be lying.:D

I really hope Peyton Manning comes down with the World's worst case of Interceptionitis on Sunday!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GO BEARS!!!

Superbowl Sunday!

There's a little football game later today, so I got up early to enjoy my Sunday morning ritual worshiping at the church of amazing music.

I was on the road for the last 2 weeks so I was dying to spin some of those tasty black pizza's as Dave calls them. So far this morning it's been:

Elgar; Cello Concerto with Jacqueline DuPre` and Barbirolli conducting the LSO on EMI - one of the true treasures in my collection and one that never fails to move me to tears

Sibelius, Symphony No5 with Gibson also conducting the LSO - such a festive piece that complements the snow and fog outside my window to a Tee.

Jeff Buckley; "Grace" - after the WB mentioned it last week I just had to have it on the turntable this morning. What an amazing record, one of the best of all time in my book.

Kate Bush; "Aeriel" - a simply sublime work of art from a true seductress. Also happens to be one of the best examples in my collection of a recording where the LP simply blows away the CD in every regard.

Oh, and as for the little game later, sorry guys, I'm an AFC guy. Wish it was my Bronco's there, but I'm rooting for Payton and the Colts. Actually, the true champions today are Lovie Smith and Tony Dungee in my book - what a great story for both of them!

Last edited:
This morning up early preparing for the Superbowl get-together, needed something to get the blood flowing.

I'm not much into rap or hip hop, but this album is great. The group uses jazz riffs from the past in their songs, opening track samples from Herbie Hanc0ck's "Cantaloupe Island" and it's called "Cantaloop" and it only gets better from there.

Us3~Hand On The Torch
:cheers:

Attachments

• 1088746728.jpg
    1088746728.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 144
Jazzed...

:D Well, this Sunday morning it's... Scott Hamilton ~ "Ballad Essentials" and Chet Baker ~ "Chet".

theWB, I'll have to give Us3 a try... :D

Just listening to another classic - Fleetwood Mac "The Pious Bird of Good Omen". Re-released on a Simply Vinyl pressing a few years ago. Great stuff from when Peter Green was still with them, many many years prior to the arrival of Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham or Stevie Nicks; back when they were still a Blues band. Good Stuff!

Attachments

• PBGO.jpg
    PBGO.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 145
US3 - LOVE THEM! That Cantaloop song is so infectious!

Jeff Buckley - downloaded his "Grace" CD and am listening to it now... I wanted to know more about him, so I looked him up on Wikipedia... WOW.. such a tragic end to a very promising career.

Listening to the DVD-Audio version of Porcupine Tree Stupid Dream .

This is one of the best prog rock mixes ever, and great music. Recomended to anyone who like good rock and especially to those who love Progressive.

e4e5820dd7a0d257fb48d010.L.jpg

Listened to the new Norah jones CD and DVD - I got the combo pack at best buy for 9.99 -- pretty great deal. of course now we are watching 'turbo jam' while i do some work

Just something I had to download and play today!!!

Attachments

• B00031TXAE.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B00031TXAE.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 143
Cherian,

I actually have that on the original 45 -- played it when they beat the seahawks, and hopefully again today.

jdm226-img600x575-chicago_bears.jpg

Kate Bush; "Aeriel" - a simply sublime work of art from a true seductress. Also happens to be one of the best examples in my collection of a recording where the LP simply blows away the CD in every regard.

Mmmmmm, Kate Bush back in the day......must stop thinking impure thoughs, must stop thinking impure thoughts....:duh:

Back