Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiTT

Super User
Reaction score
Glorious Sunday morning here in Denver - with rolling the clocks back last night we all have an extra hour of weekend.

I'm spending that time listening to some of the vinyl I'd picked up at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Nat King Cole and his Trio "After Midnight" and The Anthony Wilson Nonet "Power of Nine" so far. Both are EXCELLENT!

What are you listening to this morning?

Madeleine Peyroux and Billie Holiday...

Tim,

Good morning... :)
Great Thread!

This Sunday morning, beautiful Madeleine's - Half The Perfect World and Billy's - Lady Day CD's.

Last night I listen to Queen's - A Night At The Opera the DTS 5.1 CD, which was incredible on my Logans in HT system. :D

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Steely Dan's Pretzel Logic :cool:

track 5 -- East St. Louis Toodle-Oo sounds great on the Logans

Kruppy said:
I'm listening to my kids argue with each other. :rolleyes:

Not very musical.....

Just put on some Rock-N-Roll turn up the volume and drown them out. :D
Works for me. :D

hello all, just got through spinning the vinyl version of Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris's "All The Roadrunning". A great duet alblum !

oh by the way, hey Robin, I just got the vinyl version of Madeleine Peyroux's "Carless Love", in a word......Wow !!!

A day late, but nevertheless worth mentioning.
Yesterday morning I enjoyed the extra hour by listening to Metallica's self named album "Metallica" recorded in DVD-A format. This is the "black album," which was their breakthrouh, and indeed it is a masterpiece. I usually don't listen to heavy metal too much (especially early in the morning) but I have to concede that it is a noteworthy recording. Almost every song is a classic by now.
Oddly enough, I preferred the PCM 2 channel audio stream over the surround sound. But that's a different topic which I will leave alone at this moment.

Sunday morning in California is all about football! I get up at 8... shower..breakfast... coffee... TV is on by 9 for pre-game.. 10AM is first game.. 1:30 is 2nd game. Then 5PM night game.

The whole day is shot! :)

Last Sunday I listen to Katie Melua, Piece by Piece, really like this album.

Musicman

TomDac said:
Sunday morning in California is all about football! I get up at 8... shower..breakfast... coffee... TV is on by 9 for pre-game.. 10AM is first game.. 1:30 is 2nd game. Then 5PM night game.

The whole day is shot! :)

I try to get in one album before the 10:00am game and another between the end of the 1:00pm game and the start of the 5:00pm game. I usually only get in one side in the afternoon.

Awesome!

twich54 said:
hello all, just got through spinning the vinyl version of Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris's "All The Roadrunning". A great duet alblum !

oh by the way, hey Robin, I just got the vinyl version of Madeleine Peyroux's "Carless Love", in a word......Wow !!!
Dave,

That's marvelous. I love Madeleine, she must sound so much better on vinyl. :eek: I hope to own her on vinyl someday, down the road, during my future up-grades, I mean "Joeyitis"... :D

Robin said:
Dave,

That's marvelous. I love Madeleine, she must sound so much better on vinyl. :eek: I hope to own her on vinyl someday, down the road, during my future up-grades, I mean "Joeyitis"... :D
Robin and Dave, I just picked this same album up at the RMAF on the MoFi vinyl too. Very good! I believe that MoFi will also be pressing the new one soon as well!

Long Live Vinyl!

Higher Quality Vinyl Recordings...

Tim,

I am not familiar with MoFi? :confused: Are MoFi records higher quality vinyl pressings, thicker vinyl etc.?

Robin said:
Tim,

I am not familiar with MoFi? :confused: Are MoFi records higher quality vinyl pressings, thicker vinyl etc.?

Robin,

MoFi is short for Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs, an audiophile recording company. They re-issue classic releases in vinyl, as well as cd and sacd. They start from the original master tapes and are famous for their incredible re-mastering techniques that bring out the full depth and detail from the original recording. Here is the link:

MoFi Sound Labs

Rich said:
Robin,

MoFi is short for Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs, an audiophile recording company. They re-issue classic releases in vinyl, as well as cd and sacd. They start from the original master tapes and are famous for their incredible re-mastering techniques that bring out the full depth and detail from the original recording. Here is the link:

MoFi Sound Labs
Yep, Rich has hit it on the nose.

Mobile Fidelity was out of business for several years and were recently ressurected by our friends at Music Direct.

I have a number of older MoFi releases, including some of their UHQR's. Their new stuff is every bit as good - at least the vinyl and SACD's are, don't have any of their recent redbook CD releases, but have heard good things from others here, Cherian I think mentiond them in a few places.

I am listening to:

Tori Amos-I'm On Fire (Bruce Springsteen cover)

Tori Amos-Losing my Religion (R.E.M. cover)

Sound great, looking forward to the Summits in about one week...can't wait any longer :)

Back