Custom Search
Page 105 of 111 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1653

Thread: Sunday Morning Music

After months of having the time top only listen to my Sonos on "shuffle" mode, I finally had the opportunity this morning to spin some vinyl. Started with Stanly Turrentine's classic "Up at Minton's". Keeping with a jazzy feel, I followed that with Melody Gardot's second effort "My One and Only Thrill". Finished off the set with Ben Harper's "Fight For Your Mind". Felt really good to actually "connect" with some music as opposed to having it on in the background!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    MiTT
    Tim Bingaman

All Music...All the time...Commercial Free...

If you want to see System 95 click here

Love Melody Gardot. Any similar music recommendations? Thanks.

Ok I know it is not Sunday morning but I know I will be listening to this well into Sunday. Just got the Pink Floyd Discovery box set. So far I have been very happy with it. It is EQed up a bit louder than the MOFI stuff but I feel the bass hits and sounds better. Now I just need to figure out if I should get the Dark Side of the Moon Immersion set.

If you like Melody Gardot the check out Susan Wong.

Hugely relaxing after a night of hard partying with the boys...

Default My Sunday listening session...

I've ripped the red book format from this SACD/Hybrid CD to my music server and was just blown away how will it sounded. From memory it sounded as good if not better as it did when I played it with my Esoteric SACD player. This is one album you should have in your collection if you enjoy Jazz.

Name:  Art_Pepper_Meets_The_Rythm_Section.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  24.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Audioseduction View Post
    I've ripped the red book format from this SACD/Hybrid CD to my music server and was just blown away how will it sounded. From memory it sounded as good if not better as it did when I played it with my Esoteric SACD player. This is one album you should have in your collection if you enjoy Jazz.
    George... gotta love this editorial snippet from Amazon regarding this recording...

"Art had just left jail, was out of practice, was fighting heroin addiction and found a problem with his sax mouthpiece just before this '57 session. The result? One of his all-time shining moments! "

Steven Wilson ~ Grace For Drowning
    Click Here To See System #104
    Where Words Fail, Music Speaks

Quote Originally Posted by Audioseduction View Post

Art Pepper - Meets The Rhythm Section
    Thanks for sharing this. I checked it out. It's up there with Miles Davis - Kind of Blue for sure. And yes it sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by theWB View Post
    Steven Wilson ~ Grace For Drowning
    If you like this you should check out Opeth - Heritage

Steve Wilson - Grace For Drowning, Opeth - Heritage, and an upcoming collaboration between Steve Wilson & Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) form a trilogy.

http://starsdie.com/wp/steven-wilson...ogy-of-albums/

I went to Luckenbach, TX to listen to the Moonlighters, a great band.
    - Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Soundsmith "The Voice" Ebony, TTW GEM V2, MacMini, Amarra, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535, Adona, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments.

Last edited by rimce44; 03-24-2012 at 04:03 AM. Reason: ..

Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals ~ Live From Mars ~ Disc 2
    Click Here To See System #104
    Where Words Fail, Music Speaks

Totally not what most of you guys are into but this is what's waking me up today...

Psycroptic - The Inherited Repression

A song...

I could see that song being used as a soundtrack of a science fiction horror movie or a shoot 'em up computer game.
    - Steve You got fins to the left, fins to the right...Wilson WP8, Pass Labs XA-100.5, Pass Labs XP-20, BAT PK-V5, Soundsmith "The Voice" Ebony, TTW GEM V2, MacMini, Amarra, Ayre QB-9 DSD, X-CAN V-3, Sennheiser HD-535, Adona, PS Audio PPP, Mogami w/ Neutrik XLRs, Douglas speaker cable, GIK treatments.

What a beautiful Easter Sunday in the Rockies! This calls for a little:

Blind Pilot-"We are the Tide". Excellent new group. Just the thing for this spring morn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68EIB...feature=relmfu
    Last edited by FoxMulder; 04-08-2012 at 09:18 AM.