Speaker positioning (Vantage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's best that the speaker stands behind the podium. :D

ml2007.gif

jmschnur said:
Joey,

When you say 80% toe in is this with respect to the centerif 0% has the blue light point right at you-can you clairfy? Which part of the panel is facing you; the one that as at the wall or the one that going toward the other speaker.

Thanks,

joel

I suppose I mean that 100% toe in means it is pointing right at you. 0% means it is straight flat against the wall, no toe in.

80% would mean you can sort of see the medial cabinets of the speakers (the inside face of the cabinet).

Joey_V said:
I suppose I mean that 100% toe in means it is pointing right at you. 0% means it is straight flat against the wall, no toe in.

80% would mean you can sort of see the medial cabinets of the speakers (the inside face of the cabinet).

Joey, thank God youre going to be a doctor, you would never make it as an engineer !!!

twich54 said:
Joey, thank God youre going to be a doctor, you would never make it as an engineer !!!

Only a med student would refer to the inside face of the cabinet as the "medial cabinet" of the speaker. :p

But that is exactly how I have my Ascents toed in. I can just barely see the inside face of the cabinets when I am sitting in the sweet spot.

Well, at least he didn't bring up the the anterior and posterior aspects of his speaker and which were proximal or distal in relation to the wall. :D

Rich said:
But that is exactly how I have my Ascents toed in. I can just barely see the inside face of the cabinets when I am sitting in the sweet spot.

Same here. Has worked in the past for Aeons as well as now with my Vantages.

Back